1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning .vob with Nero 6.6 - question

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by daveb923, Mar 15, 2007.

1. daveb923

daveb923 Member

I converted an .avi to a .vob file. To burn this with Nero for home DVD player use, do I just burn the .vob? Do I create the AUDIO_TS and the VIDEO_TS folders and put the .vob in the VIDEO_TS folder? If I do this, do I need the .bup files and/or the .ifo files? I have a limited number of blank DVD's (for now) and don't want to burn any coasters.... THANX

daveb923

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

What did you use to convert the avi to a vob file?
    You'll need the ifo, bup, vob files to make a dvd playable on a player.

If the program you used created all the files you needed you can burn them with burning rom or express. Use the DVD-Video option.

If not you'll need to run it thru Nero Vision to make a dvd compliant disc to play on a player.

3. daveb923

daveb923 Member

I use a couple different converting apps: AVI2DVD (it's great and usually I just burn the .iso w/ DVDDecrypter) or I use SUPER sometimes (it's WAY faster: 45min vs. 3+ hrs). But I've used SUPER maybe 3 or 4 times and I have some .vob's, but no .ifo's or .bup's. I know I can use ifoedit for the .ifo's. What about the .bup files? Even if I had 'em, would I put them all in a folder called VIDEO_TS and burn the folder w/ an empty AUDIO_TS folder? I was really hoping I could just put the .vob's in the VIDEO_TS folder and burn it (with the AUDIO_TS folder) to DVD.... any help will be appreciated!

daveb923

4. binkie7

Well you could just burn the vob files but more than likely wouldn't play in the dvd player - pc probably would.
    The ifo file it what the player reads to know how to the play the dvd.
    You can probably get away with not having bup files since these are backups of the ifo files - only used if something corrupt in the ifo files.

Use ifoedit to create the ifo files and have all the files in the video_ts folder. The audio_ts usually isn't needed - usually empty.

Or just use Vision to convert the vob's to a dvd that will play in a dvd player.

5. daveb923

daveb923 Member

Thank for the info. Since I first posted, I tried using NeroVision. It pops up a warning saying that MPEG conversion is unavailable and that I need to buy a plug-in. Well, I simply closed the warning box, and proceeded to try the conversion anyway. It worked GREAT! It converted my .avi into the needed .vob's, .ifo's, and .bup's, and burned it to DVD and it plays back perfectly in my home player! I figured that because I'm using an OEM NeroExpress 6.6.1.4 (I think it's .1.4 or maybe .1.14) and that because I got the plug-in/conversion warning, that it wouldn't convert or it would come out all crappy. Well, it worked perfectly! Just an interesting occurance (to me anyway)
    THANX AGAIN!

daveb923

6. binkie7

Not a problem daveb923
    Glad that did the trick!

Yeah oem's don't always come 'fully' loaded - maybe the warning came up but you still have a trial period (?). Just a total shot in the dark.