1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning with an i/o magic external 16x dual layer drive

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by N1MROD, Feb 27, 2005.

1. N1MROD

N1MROD Member

I just recently bought an i/o magic external burner. The drive looks slick and i did get it to burn using dvdshrink software. I recently bought dvd xcopy and tried that, and nothing. I would like to know what am i doing wrong. when i try to run dvd xcopy (4.3 version by the way) it comes up with error code "css" encryption error. I have tried several differnt types of dvd;s to burn and all same error. Is this due to the fact that its "external" or what?? Anyone please help. The software i was told its great, i just want to see how great.

thanks
    juan

2. Emlock

Emlock Member

I/O Magic is a packager, not a manufacturer. Check the drive physically, or use something like Nero's Disk info tool to ascertain the manufacturer of your drive. Then "google" to the manufacturer's web page and look for an fimware (flash)update.

3. N1MROD

N1MROD Member

I have done the update, but yet same results when i try to use dvd x copy. Trying another way, how does one use "anydvd". Even with that running in background, "css" error still occurs.

juan

4. Emlock

Emlock Member

OK, I shouldn't have, but presumed that you were in the United States. Our Zone is #1. If you're in a different country, or if the burner was purchased in a different country then, possibley, your zone setting is not equal to your location. You are allowed five (5) changes of zone...that's it. To check...go to your drive icon (your burner drive), right-click, Properties, DVD Region. If it's not on the correct setting for your location...make it so. AnyDVD, if registered, will allow you to play any DVD, regardless of Region...hypothetically. I am in region #1, as are all my DVD's so I haven't tested that.
    If all else fails you quite possibly have a faulty burner...which you can replace from whence you got it.
    Lastly, if you have both Nero and Roxio burner programs installed...dump one. They don't like each other.
    OK, one more item: DVDFab Platinum is the BEST DVD burner/copier in the business.
    Good luck and keep me informed.
    Regards,
    Emlock
    Florida, USA

5. Emlock

Emlock Member

Just thought of another point. You only need ONE copy program. This will eliminate the potential of conflicting Encoder/decoder modules installed with nearly all copiers.
    'nuff said for now,
    Emlock

6. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

N1MROD

The problem is that DVDxCopy cannot encrypt newer versions of DVD's out there since it has not been updated itself for over a year and a half. That’s why you are getting that error. It is not a firmware error.

With DVD Decrypter and DVDxCopy or just AnyDVD running in the background along with DVDxCopy you will now be able to rip and burn a movie again.

Then I would read threads here on aD to learn about many current programs out there instead of using DVDxCopy. DVDShrink, Nero Recode2, CloneDVD, etc.