1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning with Decrypter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Forty, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Forty

Forty Member

I have ripped a DVD to my hardrive using Decrypter. But when I look in the folder that I ripped it to there are several files but none with the extension .DVD , what have I done wrong?

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Forty,

DVD is not an extension, DVD stands for Digital Versatile Disc. What you should be looking for are files that have an extension of .ifo, bup and a bunch of .vob's. These are the files that make up a DVD movie.

You need to create a folder and name it VIDEO_TS (written just like that, in CAP's). Take ALL your files and place them in that folder. Now you can use the burner of your choice to Burn that Bad Boy to your single-write DVD :)

NOTE: Make sure you have checked the size of that folder - if it is <4.36GB just continue on, all is good with the world :D

BUT, if it is >4.36GB you'll have to load it into DVDShrink and compress it until you get it to that magic 4.36GB size so that it will fit onto a single DVD. In other words, if your don't compress that file, the world, as we know it, shall cease to function and Calfornia will crumble and fall into the ocean :-(

You're good now, armed with enough knowledge to thwart 2,010 Mongolian Mad Men and protect the Fairy Princess from the Dark Forces :)

Oohhh Yes, before I forget, welcome to our Neighborhood and Thanks for Playing our Game :D

Pete

3. Forty

Forty Member

Thanks heaps for the quick reply!
    I got confused by the guide to using decrypter on this site that says you must look for a file with the extension .dvd
    Thanks again

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

No worries Forty, Just remember to stop back when you have a chance and see if you can help someone else (Ya just might learn something when you're here :)

Pete