1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning with Nero in the Classic mode?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by zodiac66, Apr 26, 2004.

1. zodiac66

zodiac66 Member

Ok, first of all I did do a search and read it, but still confused and I have also printed 3 guides which helped but I'm stuck now.

I am trying to make a DVD from a Video_TS folder,I did look at the guide suggested but I don't understand about how to run it in the classic mode, how do I that? I have the newest vesion of Nero and it does not show the icon labeled "DVD-Video" depicted in the guide "Burning pre-authored DVD-Video using Nero". When ever I open Nero it gives me many choices, I picked "burn image to disc" is that the correct task? I appreciate all your help and please remember to expain this in newbie language/terms to me..lol..I'm just starting out. Thanks fellas.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi guy, Welcome to the neighborhood,

First, create a folder for your work on your desktop - load your files there - make sure they are in a folder named VIDEO_TS written like that (all in Caps) - some programs like Shrink will make the properly named folder for you, others you must make the folder yourself - Nero needs that folder in order to work properly - then follow this
    Step by Step –
    Do not use Nero Wizard.
    When you open Nero Burning ROM, you will be at the “New Compilation” window. Directly under the title “New Compilation” is a choice block to choose either DVD or CD, choose DVD. Directly under that click on the DVD Video Icon. Then click “New” in the upper right corner of that screen, NOT the main screen.
    You now are in the DVD Video window. In the left screen, click VIDEO_TS. In the File Browser screen, 3rd from the left, trace your path to the VIDEO_TS folder, the one you made earlier holding all of your files and click on that folder. All of your VIDEO_TS files are now opened in the right screen. Click on the top file, hold down the “Shift” key and then click the bottom file thereby hi-lighting the entire column of files. Click and (holding the left mouse button down) drag the entire column of files to the open screen, second from the left.
    Now click the icon on the task bar that shows a match on a disc, and then click “OK” and now shout out, “Burn Baby, BURN !” one more time, let me hear you say it, “Who’s your Daddy Now ???” Guess what my Friend ? You are done !!!

(Wheeew, now I really need a cigarette)

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You may have an OEM version of Nero which, according to the venerable ScubaPete, is unable to use Classic mode.

Where/how did you get Nero? Was it preloaded on your machine?

4. Nephilim

Those pencils outraced my fingers!!!!

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Sorry zodiac66,

I forgot to tell you to look closely at the settings, you were set incorrectly - "DVD Video" is where you should have been -

Any more questions, give a yell,

Cheers,

"Pete"

6. zodiac66

zodiac66 Member

I dowloaded it from here..the nero version that is at the bottom of this page under "related links"

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Ya could be right "D", - Need a cig thn tk w u on ph

zodiac66,

My friend might be correct, Try this link and use this Nero.

If you are using DVD Shrink, youir limited Nero can be used but not on a delayed burn.

A 30-day, free, fully functional Nero 6 download can be had here:
    http://www.nero.com/us/631939541422774.php

Pete

PS - hit refresh to see the link :p)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent 4 CPU 2.84GHz, 1GB RAM, 520GB HD.
    4 Drives, JLMS DVD ROM, Nec 4X R/W ND-1300A, HP R/W 200j, AXV CD/DVD-ROM.
    GeForce4 Ti 4200-128MB, OS– XP, SP1.[/small]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2004
  8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

If that's where you got Nero from you should good-

"P"
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent 4 CPU 2.84GHz, 1GB RAM, 520GB HD.
    4 Drives, JLMS DVD ROM, Nec 4X R/W ND-1300A, HP R/W 200j, AXV CD/DVD-ROM.
    GeForce4 Ti 4200-128MB, OS– XP, SP1.[/small]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2004
  9. zodiac66

zodiac66 Member

I still don't see DVD under new compilation, the only DVD related icon is miniDvd.

10. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Your looking at the choices under the CD heading, change CD to DVD - it's the tiny box on top of your choices -

11. zodiac66

zodiac66 Member

Arrrrgghhh? I don't see it! I don't see the tiny box or choices. There is nothing DVD related-just minidvd. I am frustrated and feel really dumb right now...maybe I need a cigarette too....lol.

12. zodiac66

zodiac66 Member

Lets try this dummy style:

I am currently looking at the page that says Nero Express 6, there is a menu on the upper right corner that reads (which recorder would you like to use) theres image recorder and some E drive. Below that it says "what would you like to burn" bunch of choices but theres no DVD choice, just mini DVD. At the bottom left I see the nero icon that reads "switch to burning rom" I have clicked on that and under new compilitation there isn't a dvd icon.

13. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Don't use your desktop icon - Go to "Start", "All Programs", "Nero", "Nero Ultra Editions", "Nero Burning ROM" and make sure you're on the right page - It should be there - If not - "File" then "New" and THAT will get you there.

I haven’t tried to see where the link at the bottom takes you BUT the Nero link I gave you is correct - download the free 30-day trial version -

"P"

14. woof811

woof811 Regular member

what type of burner do you have ?
    are you opening the main nero and not nero express ?
    in main nero you should have two choices in the tab box cd or dvd ?

15. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hey zodiac66, Don't get upset, the reason we're telling you to switch to the DVD window is that when you tell us you see "Mini-DVD" that is a CD program that Nero has to burn your VIDEO_TS folder to a CD without having to change it to a MPEG2. (Nice little program, that - great for those who are burning CD's)

Any way - How are we getting along ??
    Haven't heard from you in awhile -
    Once you get to your DVD, DVD Video window you can follow my guide and you should be making out like a Bad Momma Jamma -

Pete

16. zodiac66

zodiac66 Member

I'm not upset just a little frustrated, because I can't locate what you guys are describing. I even re-downloaded Nero from here again (version 6.3.1.6) just to check my sanity. I just can't seem to figure out how to switch to dvd when I go to Nero burning rom. Is there an alternative? Something other than Nero?

17. zodiac66

zodiac66 Member

This is what I'm doing:
    -launch Nero
    -I choose copy and backup (burn image to disc)
    -then two windows open up. One that says look in:I close that/and the other window is Nero express 6
    -I then go to to the bottom and choose Nero Burning rom
    -takes me to "new compilation'
    -everything listed is cd related

these are exact steps I'm taking-please help I'm an idiot.

18. Nephilim

Just to make sure, you're doing this from the start menu and not the desktop icon, correct?

19. michigan

michigan Guest

This may be a dumb question but I've seen it before on the forum - Are you sure you have a DVD burner and not a DVD rom/cd burner? If you don't have a DVD burner Nero will not give you the choice foe DVD work for the simple reason it doesn't detect a DVD burner.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]emachines T1862, 1.8mhz, 762 ram, 60gig hdd, 10gig hdd, lite-on multiformat dvd, 1394 IEEE[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2004
  20. woof811

woof811 Regular member

my thoughts too , iff you have a dvd burner , when you launch the main nero you should have two choices in the tab box cd or dvd , iff you just have a cd writer you will just get cd in the tab box , could you tell us the model of your burner as i find it strange nero not recognizing a dvd burner ?