1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning with something other then Nero

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Rudeboi, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Rudeboi

Rudeboi Member

Hello...im having a problem...my nero was giving me errors so i decided to use DVD Shrink...it burnt perfectly until i put it into the dvd player and it wasn't working and i put it into my ps2 and it still wasn't working...is it because i burnt it with DVD Shrink...and can i burn it with something else...because when i use Nero it gets to 1% then says...Session Fixation error...Could not perform end of Disk-At-Once...please help me!!!

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

3. Rudeboi

Rudeboi Member

i did read the guides and everything and followeds exactly what it said to do but i'm still getting the "Session Fixation error...Could not perform end of Disk-At-Once"....can anyone tell me what that means? thanks

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

It seems that you run succesfully IFOEdit and you need to burn the pre-authored DVD with Nero. remember: [bold] "You can apply the principles of this procedure to virtually any other burning software as well, as long as it has DVD support. "
    [/bold]

Did you apply:
    [bold]Note that you can add a maximum of 4.36GB (or 4 475MB or about 4 689 532 928 bytes) data on a DVD-R/DVD-RW or DVD+R/DVD+RW disc. The 4.7 GB marking you see on the disc doesn't actually mean gigabytes, but billions of bytes (4 700 000 000 bytes) all of which cannot be used due to overhead. You can easily check whether or not the files fit the disc by looking at the bar at the bottom edge of the Nero window. If it is completely blue, then you're okay. If the end goes over the yellow lines and appears red, then you are pushing the limits. [/bold]
    ?

It seems to me that the .NRG image Nero makes is too large (>4,689,532,928 bytes). But I don't know Nero too well. You could choose as recorder 'Image Recorder'. If the image is too large (> that limit), THIS is the problem. If not try, to butn the .NRG image Alcohol 120%. As long it's smaller than 4,689,532,928 bytes you'll make it.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2005
  5. Rudeboi

Rudeboi Member

the GB is only about 2 Gb it's not large at all...and im using files like .VOB...not an image file...

Thank you for helping me...i just used nero express and it worked perfectly...thanks a lot.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2005