1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning xbox skins to disc with NERO-works 100%

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by PAN5Y, Jan 18, 2007.

1. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

List of things u need

1.WinRAR-U have a 40 day trial use the time well
    http://www.download.com/WinRAR/3000-2250_4-10614813.html?tag=lst-0-1

2.Nero

3.Any media involving cd-rw(Dont buy memorex or other cmc products there bad trust me )

4.Soft/hard modded xbox
    ------------------------------------------------------

Ok lets get started

U can download your skins here
    http://allxboxskins.com/index.php?
    or here
    http://allxboxskins.com/index.php?

u can download these skins for any application or dash your running on unleashX, evoX, XBMC, Avalunch, ECT

So start downloading--

When you have finish downloading the skins u have wanted and saved them and u installed winRAR they now should look like this...

[​IMG]

Now select all of them right click on them then select "EXTRACT EACH ARCHIVE TO SEPERATE FOLDER"

Then a bunch of folder should show up as shown
    [​IMG]

Ok thats as hard as it gets guys now open up nero and go to CD-DATA-MAKE DATA CD as shown
    [​IMG]

Now this should pop up when u hit create data cd
    [​IMG]

Then all you have to do is drag the folders u extracted and it shoud end up like this
    [​IMG]

Hit nexT

Then burn at the speed of x8 basically as slow as possible for good quality burning

THen after u have finished burning and insert the disk to the xbox it should show up as DATA on the top right corner then just copy the disk to

E:\skins\

And thats all enjoy guys

-panZY

2. knockemv2

knockemv2 Regular member

Nice tut pan5y it realy helps i was tryin to find a good tut and this is da one nice job

3. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Uhh..a guide to burning a data cd?

And you even forgot the important bit.. dash skins usually live on C:\skins unless it's a softmod, in which case they go in E:\dashboard\skins.
    Another really important point that you seem to have overlooked is installing the wrong skin on the wrong dash or app is usually a pretty hard mistake to recover from..especially with XBMC as a main dash..so people..check exactly what they are for and label the folders accordingly.
    Next.. No details how to transfer the files off the disk.. Evox will not do it, and other dashboards won't unless we are talking about avalaunch or unleashx.. so a hint about using those to transfer files, and how to make folders if needed on a new install would have been nice.

Just a few comments, ;-) because I really think a tutorial for burning a data cd from a collection of downloaded rar files is pushing the "basic" theme a little far. C'mon Pan5y.. I respect your xbox know how.. write something worth reading.. BTW.. txt speak in a tutorial.. whatever next?. *grins*

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2007
  4. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

lol..

:p

Jan it was to help as easy as possible if i were to try on this tutorial i would have left everyone clueless i use many methods on adding skins to my xbox and so far this was teh easiest thing i could think of besides it took me 5 min to do...

Yes this tutorial sux i know..

Im working on some 360 tutorials thats would be worth reading dont worry

-PAnzy

5. skew

skew Member

Hey I got one of those skins off of allxboxskins.com awhile ago(a nifty hellsing skin for Evox)
    But when I installed it and selected it from the skins menu it didn't display?
    Instead I got some other evox skin with diagrams and schematics and stuff,a pic of the xbox and the EvoX logo(kind of a mod scene motif I think) I think it was some kind of default "no skin selected" kind of thing.
    Anyway, I thought it might be the Skin.INI that was messed up, So I rewrote it(not terribly hard to do, I wrote one for the skin I made myself and it works just fine)But still it won't work!
    Evox skins are just two jpegs and an .INI!
    what could this be? is it a problem with the resolution of the pix themselves?
    has anyone else seen this happen?