1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning XFile Season One-Disc One

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by maxaraxa, Feb 23, 2005.

1. maxaraxa

maxaraxa Guest

I think it showed somewhere around the 55% area, not exactly sure. I did everything on Automatic, wasn't sure how custom compress the menu/extras..didn't know how far down to bring em.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2005
  2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

55% wow thats just to much for my liking. There really isn't much to take off of those episode disk maybe some different audio languages? I wouldnt even bother with backing up a disk at 55% I would have to split it up, but thats just me hopefully yours plays perfectly fine.

3. maxaraxa

maxaraxa Guest

Ok, I burned one that works. I did the fullback up,only unchecking the extra audios...and I did it at 4364. The one I tried at 4300 didn't work. Now I am trying to remember if I did this one using file mode or iso read...don't know. I played the disc on my standalone and it play fine, menus and all. I watched 15 mins. of each episode that I was able to go to via the menu and I really didn't see any video problems that annoyed me, I was actually amazed that it turned out so Well. I am onto Disc 2 and this time I am keeping track of what I am doing so I can eliminate the things that don't work. I did file mode and ripped to the hdd in a file called XFILES_S1Disc2. I went into DDVD and did Removal method as Agressive and in ,and for css I used the "Brute Force ~> I/O Key Exchange" and in the I/O section I checked "Ignore Read Errors". On failure I told it Yes and then in shrink used Maximum Sharpness and I unchecked "Verify" The "Perform Deep Analysis" was greyed out and I am not sure why that was..Anyway...I will let you know how disc 2 goes.

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

BB,

You see that's not how I read your post at all. I thought you were advocating the splitting of anything based on size and time - when discussing Max's 7GB DVD, you said it would come out poorly were it to be compressed - Too many of today's movies are in that 7 to 71/2 +GB range and I don't see splitting movies based on either time or size. As I've said - they play fine on my TV sets and 2 friends who have LCD sets say it looks fine to them - a matter of taste - perhaps my sight isn't good - I have failed to see a major problem. I have put as many as 5 DVD's on a single disc and pple there of the forum that have tried it were amazed at the quality of the movies too. I guess that unless you actually try it any discussion is fruitless. -

And yet I backed it up to a single disc and could see no difference between the original and the backup - True, I did trim the movie down but still it was sizable, well over our discussion size of 7GB (Way over, heh) - Oh well, each to his own

It has been my experience that the 4300MB does better at avoiding poor spots. As you are very much aware I have suggested 4360MB forever and a day for regular and I know you've studied my guides to know that for that long I have suggested 4300MB for poor quality discs with favorable results. Pple have said they get their discs
    Kicked back" at 4360 but not at 4300 - Go figure but since it has worked for so long, I continue on - :)

Peace

Hey there Max,

Glad you finally got one BUT like BB - I am amazed that a 7GB DVD required 55% compression - that doesn't make any sense at all -

Also it looks more and more that your discs are the problem. When we say they are poor discs that also means you could expect quite a few of them to not work. I had one member that reported almost 30 out of a 50-disc pack of Memorex failed totally. When we say they are bad - that's what we are talking about -

You have to get better discs for Video work - use the Maxell for MP3 and Data backup - they'll be fine for that -

Cheers,

"P"

5. maxaraxa

maxaraxa Guest

ok, progress report, I sucessfully burned disc 2 and it play great on my standalone, menus and all. The only thing is that I want to know if there is a way to get rid of the extras..there are all international clips....I couldn't figure out how to do it unless I use reauthor and then I can't use the menu...its no big deal but am curious. Scuba I will definitely get new discs...do you think I would be able to take these back and tell them that they are faulty, not writing to the edge?

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Max,

I have no clue as I didn't sell them BUT you'll have a better idea if you ask where you purchased them. You don't ask, you won't know . . . . it never hurts to ask . . . .

BTW,

To get rid of the extras, use Recode2 (they have a 30-day free trial) instead of DVD Shrink, they work the same and you'll keep your menus - you'll find all the information under DVDD / Recode2 in my sig.

Cheers,

Pete

7. Berkner80

Berkner80 Regular member

Max,I backup the x-files all the time and this is what I do which I think is real simple.
    If you want the menus use DVDshrink, go under compression and de-select the audio and select still images for the 2 episodes you don't want. This will bring the compression to 100%(no compression) usually. Now you can burn it with 2 full episodes with menus on one disk. Then for the second DVD just do the reverse.
    This will give you 2 episodes per disk with menus.