1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning???

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tcollins, Sep 9, 2004.

1. tcollins

tcollins Member

Have gotten lots of support and questions answered here, so, here's another one I'm sure I'll get lots of opinions on. Use Shrink to get movies to fit on one disk. What's the best program to burn. Have used Decrypter and Nero. I am currently using Nero exclusively. Any one better than the other one?

2. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

I have tried loads of different burning programs but have taken them all out of my computer again as in my opinion the combination of Dvd decrypter/Dvd shrink/Nero 6 is about the best I'm going to get.

A lot of the guys here on Afterdawn use DvdRebuilder/CinemaCraftEncoder which is supposed to produce fantastic copies, especiallly on larger movies that need a lot of compressing.

I would love to have tried it myself but could never get it to work properly, but don't let that put you off. I'm sure it's well worth the effort.

3. toyfigure

toyfigure Guest

Tried DvdRebuilder but ended up using Nero 6 only. Somehow my computer didn't like DVDRebuilder and was giving me problems.

4. baabaa

baabaa Active member

I am a Recordnow freak, started initially using Nero, but found Recordnow and never used anything else.

Nero is good, but I read TOO many basic issues with it and also the fact that there are bug fixes very frequently this causes me to use Recordnow.

On the other hand though Nero does contain lots of interesting extras that are good to play around with, however as a straight forward burning program and minimal extras and no frequent bug issues I will never use anything other than Recordnow.

I have just moved from version 4.5 to version 7.2 Deluxe suite in order to support my Pioneer 108 and so far it is basically one click and your done, a very easy interface and user screen.

Have a look at http://www.chrismccann.co.uk for a simple guide I wrote for burning using Recordnow version 4 and above.