1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by raider1, Apr 24, 2005.

1. raider1

raider1 Member

I downloaded Intervideo and Clone DVD2. I am having problems with both. With Clone I keep getting a bad media error. I am usinbg Memorex and Verbatim. I doubt all of the discs I have been through thus far are bad. I have used this media in the past to burn other movies. With Intervideo the reading process stops at 29%. I also have Any DVD. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Well I doubt it is your blank media causing the problem as this is occuring during the reading process.
    What exactly does the error say?

At this point I think you should make sure your disc is clean and then use DVD Decrypter to read with. See if you still get an error. If you do, post the error. Decrypter makes a log during the process that will have the information we need to figure out what is going wrong.

3. raider1

raider1 Member

It shows "Unsuccessful" "Possible bad media" I then tried the DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink combo. Again no luck. ScubePete instructions states to create folders for the movie to be copied to your HD. When I play the movie it creats a VIDEO_TS file already. So I use this folder. Anyway, I start the process and it analyzes for about half an hour and then closes. Any ideas here? Really confused right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mind you, I am a newbie!

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Like fasfrank said, how's your original disc look? Any scratches? Could just be poor manufacturing.

5. pnizzle

pnizzle Member

I am having the same problem. Before i was using memorex + r disks and this time i inadvertently bought the - r disks. I keep getting an error saying that it is unable to complete the burn process. I have gotten 2 games and one movie to burn out of about 15 attempts. I am using dvd decrypter and dvd shrink. It's driving me nuts.

6. raider1

raider1 Member

Disc looks fine. I tried a couple of movies as well. I am a little confused on the relations between the software. Fasfrank suggest I use DVD Decrypter to read the DVD. What should I use to burn it with? Thanks.

7. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Rip the original dvd with dvd decrypter. Then load that ripped folder into Intervidio DVDCopy3 as the sorce. DO NOT USE MEMOREX MEDIA.

8. raider1

raider1 Member

Mort 81, you da man!!!! Thanks. It worked. I have heard that Memorex was bad media. I just had a bunch of them left and would hate to waste them. But they are in the trash now!!!

9. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I think you could still use them for data, also you can make some propellers for lawn ornaments or maybe some deep-sea fishing lures...

10. squizzle

squizzle Active member

@raider1: I'm glad you got it sorted out. Now stay away from the Memorex:)

@pnizzle: Does your burner support burning to -R discs? Also what kind of media are they (ie what disc ID-you can find out with a program called DVD Identifier)?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2005
  11. pnizzle

pnizzle Member

I think i found my problem. Unfortunately i was using the Memorsux. My dvd burner does support dvd -r. it is a Lite On Sohw 1633s 16x dual layer burner. Unfortunately the spindle i bought was the one made by CD MAG or whatever it is that you aren't suppose to buy. lesson learned. . .these suck. . .but i never had trouble using the +r disks

12. squizzle

squizzle Active member

great! Now you stay away from the Memorex too :)

13. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Hi raider1,

I'm happy to see you're up n running. Don't feel too bad, I trashed 20 brand new memorex (cmc mag) discs when I was learning. Small price to pay for experience. Good luck and burn on.