1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burns are failing now w/ Nero

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by MattGrass, Apr 7, 2004.

1. MattGrass

MattGrass Member

I have had great success using DVD Decrypter/DVD2One and Nero to create backups of my DVD's. I have also used DVDCopyXpress as well.

All of a sudden, the last couple of days, all of my burns are not readable in my dvdrom/dvdrw or my stand alone dvd player.

I have reformatted now, re-installed all of the software and downloaded the newest firmware for my LG 4048B. I have burnt regular and MP3 audio discs with success.

When I burn the discs, I have followed the guide found on this site, the way I always have in the past.

DVD Decrypter
    then
    DVD2One
    then
    Nero to burn the files

The discs are from the same batch of 100 that previously were fine, ARITA 4X DVD+. The discs finish burning, with Nero saying that the file burnt successfully.

When I put the disc back into the drive, it just hangs, spinning up without finding anything. I can watch the original just fine.

Some help would be great, Ive tried everything I can think of.

Right now, the hd is a master with a LG 16X dvdrom as its slave.

The LG4048B is a master on its own.

I am running an XP2000, 1152mb PC2700.

Aaron
    thornaaron@shaw.ca

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I use that exact process Aaron , so I would put the problem down to Nero (or so it sounds to me at least).
    What version of Nero are you using mate ? I've yet to update to latest Nero 6.3.1.3 (although I have it)... so still using Nero 6 Ultra Edition (6.0.0.0) at the moment.
    If not tried already I s'pose I would suggest uninstalling Nero & making sure it's been cleared completely (I know ScubaPete has a link for Nero-check app somewhere , will ask & post it here as n' when).

Let me know if you can think of anything else you might have installed etc lately (to maybe explain change in circumstances).
    Any extra info would always be helpful ;-)

3. MattGrass

MattGrass Member

I am using Nero 6.0 Ultra.

I was frusterated last night with this so I formatted my hd.

I have done a fresh installation of WinXP and Nero.

Ill check for the Nero app you mentioned. Ive wasted 5 discs already, trying to figure this out.

Anyone want a mayching set of coasters? I have burnt about 50 discs previously without a single hitch. All ARITA's from the same 100 disc spindle.

Aaron

4. herbsman

Just PM'd ScubaPete to ask about that Nero tool that I spoke of ... will get back to ya Aaron mate !;-)

5. MattGrass

MattGrass Member

I was able to burn the dvd's this way.

DVD Decrypter to rip the files
    DVD2One to compress
    Use Nero's virtual device to create an ISO file on desktop

Burn the ISO using DVD Decrypter

Finally works.

Any idea about why burning directly with Nero wasnt working?

6. herbsman

Nope , as Nero 6 Ultra (6.0.0.0) has been working flawlessly for many moons now [sorry].

Did you install new programs just before Nero went Pete Tong for you..?

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi Aaron,

I'm so very sorry, herbsman sent me a PM and my "SPAM Bully" stuck his EM in a "Draft folder" in my Outlook Express. Don't ask me how, I've got no clue -

Anyway here's the link for the program that "cleans" Nero out of your system so that when you reinstall it, everything is fresh - You may need it the future -

cheers,

Pete

http://www.nero.com/us/631940828445001.html

PS - On the left side of the page you'll see another tool for cleaning Nero from your registry - good tool, that :p)

Last edited: May 7, 2004