1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burns but dont play

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by george5, Dec 4, 2004.

1. george5

george5 Guest

hi folks ,

i,m totally new to dvd burning and seem to be having teething problems ,i can burn movies but when it comes to playing them back the picture is all distorted and the audio suffers to ,i,m burning with nero and using d43,please can anyone shed some light,hopfully not to technical

cheers george5

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey george5,On your backups,will they play ok on the pc?Try to pick up some high quality media like verbatim or maxell's.Poor media is usually the culprit,especially when you put that backup in a stand alone player.Symptoms of poor media in stand alones are:freezing,pixelating,chapters skipping around,no disc inserted error, and audio trouble.Another thing it could be is too fast of burn rate. Poorer media may need a slower speed.If that don't take care of the problem then you might want to try dvd shrink. It is free. It works very well with nero.I am a newbie but dvd shrink 3.2 is an awesome program with high quality backups.Good luck