1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burnt data DVDs unreadable on other drives

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tavmus, May 1, 2005.

1. baabaa

baabaa Active member

I am sure it will....................

oh and to yourself [bold]Welcome to Afterdawn[/bold]

2. SusAnubis

SusAnubis Member

Hi, Newbie here, prob'ly gonna make everyone's eyes roll...

I'm in college and am recording my classes (live feed into Windows Movie Maker).

All I want to do is burn these to a DVD (a data DVD?) just so I can get them off my hard drive. I don't need them to work on a DVD player (although if they could, I wouldn't hate it -- but NOT a necessity). I just need to be able to replay these classes so I can finish taking my notes and also to study for my exams. The burned DVDs will all be shredded when the Semester is completed.

Is there a way I can just dump them onto a DVD like we dump files onto a CD? I'd like to be able to just use Windows Explorer to view the drive and then pick the files I want to watch (i.e., FINAN 4550 Day 1, etc). I don't know if I can just drag-and-drop the files to the drive like with burning data CDs (will it address the larger storage capacity, etc), and I don't have the bucks to make frisbees all day. So I'm asking.

I have a one-year-old Dell desktop (and a 1 month old Dell laptop). The desktop is the only one with the DVD burner. They both have CD burners. I'm recording the video to the laptop and transferring the files to my Desktop (via home network). Now I just need to get them from my desktop to the DVD. I'd like to be able to play them on my desktop AND my laptop. Again, home theatre compatibility is not an issue.

On both:
    WinXP Pro
    Windows Movie Maker
    Sonic

I also have Adobe Premier Pro 1.5, but I can't figure out how to just make it do what I want. I don't want to edit these or add cutsie backgrounds and music. I also don't want to have to render these files within a program if I don't absolutely have to (and take forever doing it as well as eating up more of my limited space, even though I'll be deleting the files from my HD as soon as I know the DVD works).

OKay. If this question has already been addressed elsewhere, I apologize. Can anyone help? Even if just to point me to the correct thread? I did a search and chose this thread out of all the other apparently unrelated threads that came up.

Thanks!

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

are the file types you are getting in movie make .WMA if so you need a convertor to go from that to vob/ifo/bup for dvdr in dvd players...

but yes to data dvd drop as many on as possible in nero dvd data iso and burn!