1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burnt DVD gets out of Sync.

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by David Mcnae, Aug 12, 2021.

1. David Mcnae

David Mcnae Member

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

3. David Mcnae

David Mcnae Member

Just had a look, but that doesnt seem to allow me to burn an mp4 which is what the file is? Any ideas?
    If i convert it to Vob or any of the others, will that cause issues?

4. David Mcnae

David Mcnae Member

O, cant get anything for free to convert to vob.

5. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

Sounds like you have some dropped frames. Open Recode, select Import Video Files (or use drag and drop) and import your mpeg-4. Select mpeg-4 as the output and recode it to your hard drive. If it plays correctly, burn it again.

6. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

How are you making out on this? I didn't address the Vob. If you burn a file as a DVD-Video, the .vob is created on the disc.

7. David Mcnae

David Mcnae Member

Sorry was slammed at work and didnt get a chance to reply to you.
    Will try the recode today.
    With the /vob file, that was for using that other burner programme as it only accepts vob which I dont currently have.

8. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

If you can burn a mpeg-4 as a DVD-Video with Nero, then there's no need for a second program. The problem you're seeing is symptomatic of what I suggested. You may not see dropped frames during normal playback of a file. Recode can sometimes alleviate that. If not, and it's dropped frames, there's another program I can suggest to fix them. You could also make your file available to me and I could work with it to try to help you. Note that a .vob is just a stream. If you created a DVD-Video project which had enhancements and a menu, you need the .ifo associated with the stream.

9. David Mcnae

David Mcnae Member

Thank you, ive sent you the file.

10. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

Thanks. I'll look at the file later. Did you try recoding it using Recode?

11. David Mcnae

David Mcnae Member

i did the recode and then burnt it the normal way, should I have burnt it another way?

12. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

Did the recoding work? Give me some locations in the video where you're seeing a problem. Saves me from having to play the whole thing start to finish.

13. David Mcnae

David Mcnae Member

On a pc its fine, once I burnt it though, if you just skip forward about 15 minutes its out of sync. I never watched it from start to finish, I was just checking it and skipped to an hour and noticed teh audio was about 5 seconds out of sync, so then went back and saw it starts to get out of sync very early.

14. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

Clear something up for me. Are you burning a DVD-Video from Nero Video or you simply burning a data disc from either Nero Express or Nero Burning Rom (you can't burn a DVD-Video from the latter two unless you first create the Video_TS folder in Nero Video)? If a data disc, it should be an identical copy of the original.

Note that there are blank areas within the video that don't play when I play the video in VLC Player or drag and drop it into Nero MediaHome similar to a dropped frame situation. If I play it in the Nero MediaHome Viewer, those areas show up and may be the source of the problem.

I'm burning it as a DVD-Video right now and report back what I see.

15. David Mcnae

David Mcnae Member

Sorry mate. I'm currently staying away.
    So I use the Nero video-dvd to brun adding titles etc.
    I wasn't aware there was blank spots. Could that just be from the VHS having black screens for a bit at all?

16. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

The DVD-Video I burned to disc plays without sound sync problems, as far as I can tell. I played it back in Nero MediaHome and jumped about every two minutes or where I could see lips moving and hear sound. It's sometimes difficult because the girl taking the video is oft times talking over the people having conversation. Usually, if sound sync problems occur early, they continue throughout to the end. If you can be more specific as to times, I can take a look.

If you want a DVD disc that plays automatically when inserted into a player, then you would burn a DVD-Video disc. You can do that in both Nero Express and Burning Rom. However, you need to first create the Video_TS folder and you do that from Nero Video. If you burned your DVD-Video project from Nero Video to your hard drive, you would have that folder and you could then import it and burn it from either of those apps. However, that's an unnecessary extra step since Nero Video can do that for you. As I alluded to, if you simply burn the original file to disc from either Express or Burning Rom, it's just creating a copy of the file on a data disc which isn't automatically playable in most DVD players.

If you want to add things like effects, titles, and a menu, you would use Nero Video. It's best to open Nero Video and select Make Movie or Slide Show. In the next screen, select TV standard 4:3 since that's closest to the video you have. Choosing a higher setting which has higher resolutions would probably have adverse effects on your project.

From there, the editing screen will open. Advanced editing should be selected by default.

Import your file and drag and drop it to the timeline. Once done and start playing it, you will see that, after the two girls stop talking, the camera has moved quickly to the side creating garbage and then you will see the blank space I'm talking about. This is at about 18 seconds. You can cut the garbage and the blank space out of the video and perhaps add a transition, a text title, etc. There's a similar blank space going from the wedding scenes to the baby shower. I don't remember seeing another one. Anyhow, when you're done editing and click on Next, it will ask you what you want to do. You would select DVD, DVD-Video. It will then take you to the Content screen where you can do things like add chapter markers to forward to or back up to during playback using your remote. The next screen will be the menu screen where you can create a custom menu. After that you can do a project preview and then burn.

I'll be glad to help you with the details of doing the things I've mentioned or that you might want to do.

17. David Mcnae

David Mcnae Member

i thought I replied to this, sorry I have been away on holiday so not had a chance to take a look at this properly but will hopefully get a chance today or tomorrow. Thank you for your help so far though!!

18. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

I was in a hurry so this is not a best effort by any means. The menu portion is especially poor on my part, although it works. It is intended to give you an idea of what you can do. I cut the garbage and blanks out at around 18 seconds. I also ended it at the end of the wedding. I don't see any synch issues.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tygci9wwcu5jt2z/AABttjFdeka7XHv_zpJuHYRZa?dl=0

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
  19. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

Any comment on the folder I provided?

20. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

As a courtesy for the help I gave you, would you provide your findings? In a forum, there's nothing more frustrating than trying to help someone and not knowing the results of the efforts, good or bad.