1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burnt DVD gets out of Sync.

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by David Mcnae, Aug 12, 2021.

1. David Mcnae

David Mcnae Member

Hi all . So sorry, I wasnt getting notifications that there had been a reply! Ill will look at this now.

2. David Mcnae

David Mcnae Member

Ok, so the MP4 that I have on my PC, there is no sync issues. However, when using Nero Video, I select create disc, DVD, DVD Video, Import... import the MP$ stored on my pc, add the title, hit burn and away she goes. All burns fine but when I then play the DVD in a DVD player, the audio slowly gets out of sync.

Am I creating the DVD the wrong way?
    Im using an i5 Dell laptop, 16gb ram, 250 SSD. I am using an external Rioddas DVD/W

Thanks so much for your time and effort and really sorry I didnt reply sooner.

3. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

It still goes back to the source files.

Did you play the Video_TS folder I provided in NMH? Do you see any sync problems?

If not, open Burning Rom and select DVD, DVD-Video, New.

In Folders, browse to the Video_TS Folder.

Drag and drop it in the Video_TS area.

Select "Burn Now" in the lower right hand corner.

Do any sync problems show up on the burned disc?

4. David Mcnae

David Mcnae Member

Ok, Im happy to try this, but i actually have a different mp4 that I need to burn to DVD. How do I make this a Video-ts file?

5. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

Normally, that is an unnecessary step. If you create a project in Nero Video, using the procedure you described and burn it to your hard drive rather than a disc, it will create a Video_TS folder (this is the exact same folder it would burn to disc). However, if the mp4 has the same kind of problems that the one you gave me has, it won't solve the problem. I need an answer to my question to identify the cause of the sync problems.

6. David Mcnae

David Mcnae Member

Ok trying this now. What would cause the issues you raise? Its a simple copy using Bandi cam to capture the video playing from a vhs?

7. David Mcnae

David Mcnae Member

It fails, attached is the log file? Does this mean anything to you?>

Attached Files:

8. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

Now we have a different problem and the log is incomplete. However, you're getting a media error. The first thing to try when that occurs is to use a lower write speed, such as 2x. Also, if your using the shown Sony DW-Q58A drive, your firmware is out of date. I would first try installing the latest from here- https://www.firmwarehq.com/Sony/DW-Q58A/files.html and then trying the lower speed.

Also, I'm at a disadvantage because it looks like you're using v2017 and my computer with that version is down right now. Make sure that v2017 is up to date by running the check for updates from the Nero ControlCenter.

9. David Mcnae

David Mcnae Member

Ok, so Nero upto date, the Burner seems upto date as well. Burnt successful but now it stutters and freezes when the burnt dvd is played in the dvd player. Im just doomed!

10. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

It's unlikely that your problem is being caused while burning because it appears to be a software or multiplexing issue caused during the conversion from MP4 to MP2/DVD standard. Have you tried this yet? Convert the MP4 doing everything you're doing now, drop it as an ISO on your hard drive, and then mount the ISO and play it back to see if your issue is still there.

11. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

Did you reduce the write speed? Is the stuttering and freezing occuring after you burn the Video_TS I provided?

12. David Mcnae

David Mcnae Member

Ok, really appreciate all your help. I have no upgraded to the latest Nero and still have the same issue when burning the MP4 via Nero Video. No stuttering now, just audio out of sync, yes i reduced it to 2x and same issue.
    How do I make an iso, is that the write to hard dick folder option?

13. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

Upgrading wouldn't fix the problem. Should mention that v2022 will be out in October. I have the Beta version for testing but haven't installed it yet.

You still haven't answered me about burning the Video_TS I gave you from Burning Rom. Please do so I can better evaluate what's going on.

If you want, you can also provide the latest mp4 for me to work with.

You can burn an ISO in Burning Rom.

14. David Mcnae

David Mcnae Member

15. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

I'm downloading your file now.

In post 16, last paragraph, I mentioned what I did. I cut from where the camera starts to pan after the girls are quit talking to the end of the blank space at around 18 seconds. Do you know how to do that in Nero Video? If not, I'll explain it.

16. David Mcnae

David Mcnae Member

Ok, looking in Nero video, edit vertical video? How did you know there was a blank? It just looks like one long file to me?

17. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

vertical video is intended for video taken with a smart phone.

Open Nero Video and select Make Advanced Movie.

In the upper right hand corner, select Import, Import File. Browse to and import the wedding video.

After it's imported (it shows in the Media Area), Drag and drop it on Video 1 so the starting end is at the start of Video 1.

Grab the red positioning line and make sure it's at the start of the video.

At the bottom of the screen, select the scroll bar between the (-) and (+) signs. Move it to the right until the time divisions on the time line are from 0 to 20 seconds. If you play it, you can see where the camera moves and where the blank frames are.

To cut, click on the scissors at the right hand side of the time line. Hover them over the video where you want to start the cut and click. Then, move the scissors to the start of the next video and click.

Click on the white arrow on the right hand side.

Click on the area between the cut marks on Video 1. Right click and select "Remove and Close Gap." Done.

Now you can either add effects or continue on. If you do the latter by clicking on Next, choose DVD, DVD-Video. This will put you in the Content Screen where you are if you select DVD, DVD-Video when you open Nero Video.

18. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

In looking at the newer mp4, how do you know when the audio is out of sync? There doesn't seem to be much talking to gauge it by. Also, go here-

C:\Users\"your user name"\AppData\Roaming\Nero\Nero 2022\Nero Vision. Provide the Nerovideolog.txt file.

19. David Mcnae

David Mcnae Member

Hi, about 30 mins or so in, They are filming a fast moving river with the sound of the water, it then cuts to a calmer scenic view but you can hear the water for about another 5 seconds.
    Have attached the log.

Attached Files:

20. David Mcnae

David Mcnae Member

I think i have finally got it sorted. So using Filmora they have a feature to remove silence, have done this, then Exported to my HD. Then using Nero burnt the DVD and all seems good! Odd and a little bit beating around the bush to get the same result but who cares.
    Thanks so much for your help.