1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burnt Dvd will suddenly not play in home Dvd player but will on PC

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Laura_e, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Laura_e

Laura_e Member

Hi, this is my first post. Recently I have not been able to play my burnt Dvd's in my Standalone DVD player (Toshiba). Previously I have had no trouble playing burnt copies in it. They do however play on my PC no problem. I have been using TDK DVD+R 1-8x and Verbatim DVD+R. The only thing that I have changed recently is Nero Media Player which I updated. I haven't installed anything else on my computer. I can't understand why it was working in both my PC and Standalone Dvd player last week and this week will only play on my PC. I have tried using Verbatim and TDK and have slowed down the burning Speed to 4x but still can't get a copy to play in my Dvd player. Am only new to all this and any help would be greatly appreciated.

I use DVD Shrink and then Burn with Nero Recode (Main Movie).

Windows 2000 SP4
    Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-108
    Nero OEM v6.6.0.8
    Nero Media Player V1.4.0.30
    NVE 3 v3.01.27 (Had 3.1.0.0 but causes recode to not work so had to unistall and go back to previous version which I haven't had any problem with)

2. pippas

pippas Member

Have you tried burning with something other than Nero?

If I burn a DVD with Nero, it will not play on my friend's Cyberhome player, but it plays OK on my Samsung.

If I use DVD Decrypter to burn the same files, using the same media, then the disc will play on both machines.

All the discs play OK on my PC!!

You can configure DVD Shrink to output directly to burn with Decrypter, rather than NERO, and you can get DVD Decrypter free from here:
    http://www.dvddecrypter.com/

Last edited: Mar 26, 2005
  3. Laura_e

Laura_e Member

Sorry but had to go away unexpectedly. I tried burning with dvd dycrypter and have the same thing happen. It plays okay on my PC but not on a normal dvd player (have tried several others to see if it would work). So does this indicate it is my media (TDK & Verbatim) even though I have been using both of these up till now with no problems? I have a spindle of 25 TDK's in which I have probably used about 15 with no problems and a spindle of 15 verbatims (only 3 left)that I have been using successfully up till now.

Any help is appreciated. I have tried unistalling and reinstalling Nero, shrink and dvd dycrypter but still can't get then to play on a stand alone dvd player. They all say it has been a successful burn and their are no errors in the burning logs.

4. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

I had this exact problem a while back. All of the sudden my copies would not play in my DVD player. My solution was to clean the lense on the DVD player. You say you have tried several and none worked so this may not be your solution. Just once try to burn at the next slowest speed. If they play in Windows media player they should play in a DVD player. The other mentioned programs use thier own stuff to play the disc. Just my 2 cents.

-Del

5. Laura_e

Laura_e Member

I have tried to burn at 4x and 2x but still have the same thing happen. It is strange that one day it was was working in both PC and dvd player, but now only works in PC. All Dvds I have burned previously to this problem occuring still play in any dvd player. Is quite frustrating.