1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burnt dvds dont play on dvd player

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Mumbles19, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Mumbles19

Mumbles19 Member

ok heres my problem. my computer was saying i was getting a Power Calibration Error so i just hooked the one burner up my dvd burner. after that i had no more error messages come up but after i burnt a dvd it would not play on my dvd player my dvd player said disk error. so i dont know if i have a problem with my burner or what.

2. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

There are two formats of DVD. There is DVD-R and DVD+R. Some DVD players can play one or the other while other DVD players can play them both. What formats can your DVD player play?

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

Make/model burner?

Brand/type media being used?

Software?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    "And there we saw the giants ... And we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." Numbers 13:33[/small]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2004
  4. Mumbles19

Mumbles19 Member

I just rebuilt my computer but used the same drives.I use memorex media and [+] and [-]formats both used to work on my computer. The brand of my burner is BUSlink which i purchased at CompUSA.I'm thinking this problem has something to do with me bulding this new comp. I just dont know how to go about fixing it. Thanks

5. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

What is the type of dvd you burned on?

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi Mumbles19,

Welcome to aD -

Memorex is pretty good for data but since they job out their discs now the quality control sucks.

When you first begin to burn a disc the laser goes through a test of it's ability to write to the disc. It's at this phase that a Power Calibration Error occures. In other words, your burner tasted your media and didn't much care for the taste.

I reccomend using RiData, Ritek G04's or Verbatim DataLife - it's my feeling that by using a good media you'll be spot on -

cheers

7. Mumbles19

Mumbles19 Member

why all the sudden would my burner do this thought. just for me to spend more money on dvds now

8. Mumbles19

Mumbles19 Member

and if this doesnt worked does it mean im fucked and my burner went out or is there somthing wrong with my settings

9. Rosco404

Rosco404 Guest

When you rebuilt your PC did you do a fresh install of your operating system, or did you just let it boot normal with all your new hardware without a re-install of your operating system?

If so try a re-install (recomended when a new m'board has been put in), also the m'board drivers did you install them?

You could also try....
    If you have another machine in the house or a m8, try it in there see if itll burn? (eliminate your PC!!)

10. Mumbles19

Mumbles19 Member

i just bought a new type of dvd r and it gave me this error message i/o error a bunch of numbers and at the bottom said invalid adress for write..

11. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Did you buy the recommended type ??

12. Mumbles19

Mumbles19 Member

yeah i bought verbatim. it wouldnt even burn with the memorex it will burn but not play on any dvd it says i get an error. so yeah im baffled. i dont know if my burner is messed or what.

13. Mumbles19

Mumbles19 Member

with the memorex it burns but its like it does somthing wrong when it burns. so i dont know if the the laser or wut ever rites the images on the dvd is messed up.

14. Mark40

Mark40 Member

Did you burn a DVD-R or a DVD+R? Lots of DVD Players will only play DVD-R or DVD+R but not both.

15. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

I asked that like on the second post, but nobody listens to me.

16. Mumbles19

Mumbles19 Member

if u read my computers burner can burn both - and+

17. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Does the dvd play in your pc, this will validate that there IS actual data on there?

If it does, then I would suggest that either your player will not support those discs you are using, OR the burning software used has not created a fully compliant dvd............

18. THCill

THCill Guest

Hey everyone, I have a real problem here, its related to this topic. I have a Sony DRU-700A Dual Layer DVD±R. I use Nero 6 to try to burn movies i have. I have used DVD Decryptor and I just use nero to copy those VOB files and such, and the movies arent to big for the Fujifilm DVD-R disc's i bought. So icopy the VOB and other files to the Video TS folder. After i burn them with no problem. My DVD player doesnt play them. The DVD player plays DVD±R plus MPG, So i cannot figure out the problem here.

19. THCill

THCill Guest

I just tried to burn a DVD with DVDshrink, and I was about to worj, It stared loading, then when the video displayed it cut out real quick. any explination?

20. THCill

THCill Guest

And all of the DVD-R seem to work perfectly on DVDrom