1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burnt games sometimes dont play?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Raiden4, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Raiden4

Raiden4 Member

Just wondering if anyone has the problem where burnt Xbox games sometimes (not always) come up with a disk dirty or damaged ? And also me and my mate have different chips and some games will work on his and not mine and vice versa?

2. ph33rlus

ph33rlus Member

yup

and its not the chip

its the brand of disc and your brand of dvdrom drive.

i have a philips. it plays all cd-r's with no hassles, and it plays ricoh dvd movies. but it won't read princo's.

i went out and specifically bought ricoh dvd+r's
    only to find out after backing up 10 games or so that playing them results in random messages saying dirty or damaged.

i wanted to see if it was bullshit, so i used DVD2Xbox and ripped the game off the dvd+r with no errors and then played it off the hard drive with no problems.

so i would imagine you could try a different brand of disc,

these are the risks we take with 'backups'

3. Raiden4

Raiden4 Member

Yes ph33rluss. You are quite right. Although after some experimenting I have found that burning at 1x I have no problems converting the backups and the games run smoothly. I guess it may be more to do with the lens? I have tried a few different disks, with the same result. The lower the speed the better the copy. I should of thought about that to start with!!! Thanks for getting back to me anyway.

4. ph33rlus

ph33rlus Member

hey no thank you.

thank you for sacrificing a few dvd's to come to that conclusion, i cant afford to play around.

i appreciate the advice, i'll try burning them all at 1x from now on just to be safe.

thanks.