1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

business website advice

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by wiihass, Dec 28, 2011.

1. wiihass

wiihass Member

Ok, everyone I need some help with creating my first website for my first business venture. I am trying to decide if I should have someone else create it for me or if I should just do it myself. I really think doing it myself is the way to go but I don’t want to do that if doing everything myself is going to take away from my actual business.

Of course, I’d like to save money and do it myself but I would be learning everything from the ground up since I know nothing about computers/programming. Is it worth the effort? Or should I just pay someone to go ahead and make website so I can just get started with my business idea(s)?

I was thinking about going with one of those easy made websites but I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a successful (online) business that has their company website made like that...

I’m really looking for some insight though honestly. It boils down to this. Do I take time the time to learn programming to save money from paying someone else to do it OR do I pay someone else to create it and whenever I want to make changes to it, I have to continue paying them everytime I want to change something...?

Thanks in advance!

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

you can use a basic site building program (my mum used yahoo site builder for her website).depends how complicated you want your website.theres also millions of free apps and gadgets to add to your website.

3. maxpry

maxpry Guest

get more advices about website advice on website search engine

4. jahnarisha

jahnarisha Member

depends on the level of your proficiency in web building. if you have zero knowledge in website building and design, i suggest you just buy a site related to your niche in either flippa or dp (cheap there). if flippa, you can get a site for less than $100. in dp, if you are lucky, you can get one for $20-30. you just have to make your own research to find a site similar to yours.

if you are familiar with wordpress, it has very low learning curve. of course i would assume you already know web hosting, cpanel, using ftp and uploading files. setting up a website using a cms is easy. you just have to look for a template that will suit your niche and redesign your heading banner.