1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Busted original XBOX - What can be salvaged?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by SirNoobShire, May 21, 2016.

1. SirNoobShire

SirNoobShire Newbie

So I've gotten a hold on an original XBOX from a flea market, but the hdd is busted, showing an error 7.
    I've searched everywhere for some kind of replacement, but to no avail, so I thought I'd revise my options, and take a look at what I can do with what I have.
    I know that the motherboard will not work with any other hdd because of the lock coding, but I'd check for any options to use parts from this console for other purposes.

Any ideas welcome.

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Hold a flea market of your own, and try to sell it for twice as much that you paid for it. Did you pay more than $10 for it?

3. SirNoobShire

SirNoobShire Newbie

Well, when I bought I gave around 30 bucks, as it came with a buttload of (pirated) games controllers, cables, etc., but I don't think anyone would buy this thing anywhere in the vicinity of my home area.

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

No need to sell it,the link below has everything you need to get it working just search first before asking anything.Personally i'd chip it & have done so (installed by local moddder).If all thats wrong with it is hdd then it will breathe again & with a larger hdd 2tb max

there's also tuts in the archived area here at afterdawn,scroll down the forum back on main page,there's maybe tuts in tuts section as well

Dedicated to everything original xbox
    http://www.theisozone.com/