1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

buying a dvd burner

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by ragman100, Sep 14, 2004.

1. ragman100

ragman100 Member

i'm new to this dvd back up thing , i have read many of your post and im still not sure what brand to buy pioneer or plextor , single layer or dual layer and after that what if any software to buy. the media i think i got it figured out ritek g04 , verbatium, tdk. any help i would be greatful

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

how about we post in the right forum :) Certainly not dvd-r newbies

*moved*

3. zippyd

zippyd Active member

well I think that if you have the funds(dual layers aren't that much more expensive) go ahead and get the dual layer burner. Right now the dual layer discs are pretty expensive, so when the prices do come down you'll already have a dual layer burner and won't have to go get one. Until then you can just keep on using those single layer discs.
    As far as software to buy.... try the free stuff first.
    Get some practice in and then you can decide on what to buy. DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter are all you need to start with.
    I will also suggest you get a few RW discs to use while learning in case you screw up your first few tries.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2004
  4. ragman100

ragman100 Member

thanks for the advice sorry about the posting in wrong area.do dual layer burners burn single disc as well.if so what brands are reliable also models.funds not a problem.

5. Videopro1

Videopro1 Guest

Dual layer burners will do either. I have a Pioneer A08 & 108. They have worked flawlessly.