1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying a DVD player/recorder

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by shaxta, Mar 6, 2005.

1. shaxta

shaxta Guest

I want to buy a DVD recorder and player but know absolutely nothing about them. I want something that won't give me a nervous breakdown and, mostly, it will be used to record programmes from the TV. Will it be possible to get some of my favourite video tapes onto DVD with the machine? I will go up to £300 in price and I have been advised to buy a multi region recorder and player?

2. tculshaw

tculshaw Member

I purchased a DVD/VCR Combi from Argos £199 it copies from VCR tape ( unless Copyright protected ) straight to DVD there two types one that records to DVD-R & DVD+R it tells what version you have from the manual.
    The one that I have only writes/records to DVD+R DVD+RW
    no other format will it write to, but will play other formats. I have copied from my camcorder ( Analogue ) to DVD through the AV sockets and that works fine you can also slow down the copy format on DVD and it will still record to the DVD-R/DVD+R until you finalise the recording. I can't fault it yet.
    I hope that this info is OK for you, anything else that I can help you with on this, then mail back.

Trev

3. shaxta

shaxta Guest

Thanks, Trev.
    You didn't specify what make your recorder is.
    Could you please let me know because it sound s to be just what I want.
    Have you any experience of LCD colour TVs because I want to buy a 20inch one of those. Smeone told me that the Sharp Aquos is okay?

4. tculshaw

tculshaw Member

Shaxta,

The model is Bush, sorry have no other information on the other questions.
    Happy buying.

Trev

5. shaxta

shaxta Guest

Many thanks, Trev. I will going to suss this one out next week.