1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying an iPhone 3GS with a contract and then cancelling it?

Discussion in 'iPhone - General discussion' started by __Ronin__, Aug 19, 2009.

1. __Ronin__

__Ronin__ Member

Hi guys. I live in Saudi Arabia and pretty soon my uncle is going to Canada (I think Toronto). Anyway, i read that with AT&T you can buy an iPhone 3GS with a contract and then cancel it or something. So, what I wanted to ask was that can you do the same thing in Canada, and how much would it cost all together?

Thanks!

2. DTN107

DTN107 Regular member

You will pay to pay a termination fee I believe.

$200 USD and they might take back the discount you receive from the 2 year contract.

3. __Ronin__

__Ronin__ Member

alright thanks for the info! So what your saying is that if my uncle buys the 16GB (it's for $199) with the contract and then the next day he pays an extra $200, will Apple completely cancel the contract? So that he can bring it here (Saudi Arabia) and I can unlock it. Sorry for these noob-ish questions :D

Thanks!

4. wabashman

wabashman Active member

they might not even let him buy the phone on contract due to being from outside the state. they could let him if he could prove he was there as as student or something like that, but being there only for a few days/weeks, they would have a valid excuse not to sell him one.

5. __Ronin__

__Ronin__ Member

Actually, I forgot to tell you that he's Canadian. He said that he's going to get one somehow but I haven't time to ask him. I just wanted to know if he could do it this way.

Thanks for your help!