1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying new plasma online - good idea or not?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by crow118, Sep 26, 2007.

1. crow118

crow118 Member

2. cactikid

cactikid Active member

have u heard of the word fragile,most people have not as boxes get thrown around,also if it is broken/damaged u will have to pay carriage to send back. insurance?

3. Basenco

Basenco Regular member

Don't do it!!!

4. dakewlndn

dakewlndn Member

I bought a 50" LCD from Dell and it was sent via UPS.
    I got the pkg fine but I did a thorough check of the box prior to accepting it. I went with buying it over the internet only because I live in a rural area, and the nearest decent electronics store was 2oo miles aways so I reall had no options. NE way its a gamble, so if u live in a large city with many stores that offer quality displays then go with local.

Also dont weigh too much on saving a hundred bucks online compared to local store that has a lil higher price. You may end up spending more with sending the unit back.

Another issue would be if the display your looking to get might have some issues with some it like green blob, ghosting, etc.
    You may need to return the item several times just to get a unit that has its problems fixed.

5. byngo

byngo Regular member

I ordered a 32" LCD online and there were no problems at all.
    My only regret is that now 11 months down the line, it is almost half price & been superseeded.

Modern technology eh. You just have to pick a point in time with a product / price you like and go for it!!

6. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

Ouch! Like my 4GB SD Cards bought at £80, now £20!

7. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Byngo ... I ordered mine online and I also had no problems.
    Same here! for what I paid for my sony rear projection, I could now buy the 60 inch Aquos (sp) that I want so bad! The sony was top of the line and the pic truly awesome but still, I want that LCD Aquos really bad. I'm trying to find a way to rationalize it and convince myself that its an absolutely necessary ... I'll think of a perfectly reason somehow at which time I'll be certain that I'm doing the right thing LOL!