1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BWABuilder not free?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by augerpro, Dec 7, 2004.

1. augerpro

augerpro Member

So I'm trying to backup a CD using a sticky above and downlaod the newest Blindwrite BWABuilder(not the suite, just the builder). When I run it says I must be a registered user. Even the site recommends you "try before you buy" What gives?

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

3. augerpro

augerpro Member

Thank you sir, I'll try that.

4. augerpro

augerpro Member

Thank you, that's what I needed! Just an FYI though, as I said I installed the BWDbuilder which wanted me to be a registered user. When that didn't work I uninstalled it and installed Blindwrite suite. During the installation I got the popup saying insalling patin coufin layer. The suite doesn't have BWABuilder(I couldn't find it in the program or program files) so uninstalled that. The Builder from your link was what I was looking for, but when I ran it I got a message saying "unable to connect to access layer." I thought maybe this referred to the p-c layer so for the hell of it reinstalled the Blindwrite suite and voila no more error message. I only post this to let you know the Builder does not have the p-c layer(which I assumed perhaps incorrectly from the stickies) but most importantly if you uminstall the suite (as suggested in the stickies) it does remove the p-c layer. Sorry to be longwinded, but thought you may like to know... and thanks again!

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You're absolutely correct in that BWA builder needs patin couffin to run. for future reference it's available as a separate download :)