1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C&C Generals problem

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by lazboy, Mar 21, 2003.

1. da_player

da_player Member

Thanks Neef but It didn't work.

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Are you trying to install\play the backup with your burner? I mentioned above to install the game and play the backup from your dvd\cd-rom m8. (if applicable). if you just have a burner then minimize Alcohol 120 to system tray and go to emulation and tick "ignore media type, bad sector emulation& laserlock". Backup should play flawlessly :)

Shoey

3. ah64

ah64 Member

Shoey wrote " have the best success backing up Safedisc 2.8.x-2.9 using Alcohol 120 1.4.3.519 using these settings& guidelines:
    1) Use the Safedisc 2 profile to read the image(s) to your hd using your dvd\cd-rom, not your burner
    2) Play the backup in your dvd\cd-rom, not your burner.
    3) If you have only a burner then minimize Alcohol 120 to system tray and use these settings for emulation: "ignore media type& bad sector and laserlock emulation".
    4) Don't uninstall Alcohol 120 when playing backups of Safedisc 2.8.x- 2.9 as your backup "might not work" in your drive(s), especially if you only have a cdrw drive!

I have mount image from my DVD not my burner with Alcohol with your setup. Unfortunately bad sector apperas and can't go with that.
    Do you have the setup from Discjuggler ??
    Thx for your help

Last edited: Jun 1, 2003
  4. ah64

ah64 Member

just for your info, I have the same problem when i burn the copy of Impossible creature.... impossible to play, he asks me to put the correct CD to play. !?!?!
    See you soon

5. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Enable "ignore media type, bad sector& laserlock emulation" and try to play the backup in your burner.

Shoey :)

6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

ah64,
    You don't mount the image until you can confirm your backup will play in your dvd\cd-rom or burner. If the backup won't play in your dvd\cd-rom then enable "ignore media type, bad sector& and laserlock emulation" and play the backup in your burner. If this works then mount the image of CD 1 (after installing). Be sure autorun is enabled or your backups won't play!

7. ah64

ah64 Member

thx Shoey I will try and advise you if not working

8. eLeCTR0n

eLeCTR0n Regular member

i had the same problem as many of u. i backed Generals with CloneCD and Alcohol on a cd and it either failed during instalation or it would install perfectly but it wouldnt play. That is because ur burner cannot backup SafeDisc. but u can always make a cd image (mdf or ccd) with alcohol or cloneCD and load it with a virtualdrive that comes with alcohol and cloneCd. u can install it and play from the virtualDrive.

-eLeCTR0n

9. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I've already proven that C&C Generals can be backed up to a cd-r a 1 or 2 sheep burner m8. If you're still having troubles uninstall the gam, then reinstall with your [bold] burner [/bold]. Read the image of C&C Generals with Alcohol 120, NOT CloneCD using the Safedisc 2 datatype profile. Wtite the image choosing RAO DAO at max. Now insert the backup in your [bold] burner [/bold] and minimize Alcohol 120 to system trat and check emulation uptions "ignore media type& bad sector emulation". This game [bold] can be backed up [/bold] to a cd-r. I read at another forum that most EA pc game titles are "hotwired" to run from the installation drives. In short this simply means if you intall the original game from your burner, then read the image and burn and play from your burner as you have emulation to help you if you don't own a "2 sheep" burner".

10. dse186

dse186 Member

well i was having the same problem with cc generals it would tell me the audio.big file was corrupt network error 1335 or something like that here it was my computer i followed method 2 at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314810 and it downloaded without a problem i just need no-cd crack and i can try it out i burned it with nero it was in bin format

11. Knofi

Knofi Member

Maybe I've got a solution for you all.
    Copy the contents of both cd's in a folder on your hard disk without running setup.exe. Then you install (run seup.exe) the game from the hard disk in another folder.
    It should work now
    Otherwise: [bold]use a crack[/bold] ;)

12. mess

mess Member

I think you need to down load clony xxl version
    2.0.0.6 and install then get a copy of clone cd
    and install scan the Generals cd with clony xxl
    once that is done click on the clone cd Icon
    with in clony and you will get a perfect copy every time.

13. Eckostorm

Eckostorm Member

Eckostorm

27 May 2003 3:19 AM I have tried EVERYTHING in relation to installing c&c and dleta force bhd with alcohol 120. I am over wasting cd's so I have begun just mounting the image and trying to select various options (along with shoeys excellent advise) and run the installer that way, will that affect the way safedisk is read from the cd? Is there more updates in relation to alcohol and c&c? Thanx guys if I come up with anything ill let ya know :mad:

Shoey I really respect the work you are doing to help us all out. many of a problem has been solved with your expertise. So on behalf of everyone who has read this forum.....

applause.... applause.... applause.... applause.... applause.... standing ovation.....
    THANK YOU
    Shoey

27 May 2003 7:39 AM Eckostorm,
    Are you trying to backup the "original" cd's or internet downloads?> (iso, bin& cue)? What brand name burner do you own?

Thank you for your respect and for all others (members) too, I deeply appreciate!

OK SHOEY IN RESPECT TO YOUR QUESTIONS.
    1. my cd burner is a "Benq 48X16X48 CDRW"
    2.I am not trying to backup im trying to burn

WHAT I AM DOING.
    I am making my cue files in notepad (which is easy and verfied working with simcity 4, age of mythology ect..) Loading alcohol and mounting the image (usually sharereactor.bin). Autoloader runs everything is looking great, then bang around 50% through the installation process it gets an error. This has happened with the last 3 programs I have tried installing, so I am almost certain they are not corrupted. I am scanning for safedisk ect.. with clonyXXL and setting alcohol accordingly. Other programs have worked so I am fairly sure my burner is sheep 2, its just these last newish programs that I am trying to install off the .bin that are cheesing me off. I downloaded the latest version of alcohol (trial), and still keep getting error messages midway through installation, I am selectiong Enable "ignore media type, bad sector& laserlock emulation." and still keep getting errors. The programs are battlefield 1942, c&c and dlta frce black hawk down. At the point of mental explosion or giving up. grrrrrrr. then Yoda kicks in my head, "Do or do not there is no try." Well I choose to "do" so someone please help me. I will share this knowledge and place the advisor into the status of Supreme/General/legend/Expert/Neo/Everything... kekeke

14. Eckostorm

Eckostorm Member

im at work at the moment so I am unable to give you the error message. It is on the cab files tho. I think the error is in relation to filles in the backup not been exact. error 1305 maybe. But why are they all doing it, Its HIGHLY unlikely that they are corrupted as they are all sharereactor / FLT type files. They are usually well the used to be legit always. 3 outa 3 seems way to unlikely for me.

15. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I don't find any BenQ burner on the Safedisc 2 killer list (EFM encoding), the ability to write regular bit patters [bold] correctly [/bold] m8. Basically this means it is much tougher for you to backup Safedisc cd protection and since burners have come way down in price, consider a "2 sheep" burner (Safedisc 2 killer) the excellent Lite-ON LTR 52\32\52x burner. You need to get aquanited with Safedisc 2x pc game titles and SecuROM pc game titles. I find Alcohol 120 more stable for backing up Safedisc and BlindWrite Suite for SecuROM 4.8.x
    I recently conducted a test using a "1 sheep" burner (LG GCE 0824) backing up Safedisc 2.8-2.9 and I read the image of the "original" cd, then used emulation "ignore media type" with Alcohol 120 and the backup [bold] did play [/bold] in my burner only! It disturbs me when I see people sharing Safedisc 2 pc game titles on p2p file sharing clients in bin& cue format. [bold] Why?, we don't need sub-q channel (data) for Safedisc, only for SecuROM cd protection.[/bold] Try burning C&C Generals to a cdrw and play the backup in your burner. If the backup won't play then use emulation and try again (ignore media type).

Shoey :)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com
    Main Website^ (Afterdawn)
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Forum Rules^
    Mobo: KT4VL MSI-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2.5
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700)
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    ATA\133 hd[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2003
  16. dse186

dse186 Member

Method 2: Change the Memory Settings for Installation
    To change the memory settings for installation, follow these steps:

Click Start and then click Run.
    In the Open box, type msconfig and then click OK.
    On the BOOT.INI tab, click Advanced Options.
    In the BOOT.INI Advanced Options dialog box, select the /MAXMEM= check box, and then change the setting to 256 (or lower if your computer has less RAM).
    Click OK to close the BOOT.INI Advanced Options dialog box.
    In the System Configuration Utility dialog box, click Apply.
    Click OK to close the System Configuration Utility dialog box.
    Click Restart to the following message:
    You must restart your computer for some of the changes made by System Configuration to take effect.

After you restart your computer, install Microsoft Office as a Complete Install.
    After you install Microsoft Office, follow steps 1 through 8 to clear the /MAXMEM= check box. I kept getting cab files corrupt around 47%
    i used this method and used a disc two that i already tried time after time and it was corrupt the game installed 100% no problems the game plays fine

17. Eckostorm

Eckostorm Member

Thanx a million guys will experiement and see what I can come up with. I will post my results. Would it help to try on a standard samsung DVD rom? actually dont answer that I will find out for myself. I have an old ricoh 16x10x32 burner that stopped burning a while back. I will give it a go on that as well, at least it may mount then i can install it.

Cheers guys I owe you a beer or 3.
    kekeke

18. Shoey

Shoey Guest

The backup is more likely to run in your burner than your dvd\cd-rom m8 simply because you have emulation options. Give that Ricoh a go and if the drive won't work, maybe some good ole "cpr" (firmware flash) might get the drive alive& kickin'.

19. Eckostorm

Eckostorm Member

HAHAHA well it works on 4 speed and nothing more. the old girl did manage to fire and burn 2 of the 3 cd's.

Anyways here are the results of my experiments....

Battlefield 1942 (safedisk e2.8)error on

"Sound.rfa" file when it was mounted. and the

"1942.exe" file when it was burnt to CD. The

error message was the same for both mounted and

burnt processes... "Specified component cannot

be found in the media. An attempt to access a

component that does not exist in the named

media."

The error in C&C Generals (safedisk 2.5) is in

the file AudioEnglish.big the error message is

"Error 1305. error reading from C:\...AudioEnglish.big. It is the same error on both the mounted virtual and the burnt cd.

The DeltaForce BHD (securom) error is in the

"gamemus.sbf" file. The error message is "an

error occured during the move data process

:-106." Delta force. The same error occured when

installed on the virtual drive as well as

installed on the cd.

I tried 2 CD rw drives will find a friend with

the one that you recommended shoey. The first is

the benq the other is a Ricoh MP7163A 16x10x32.

Also tried mounting on the virtual with the

drives unplugged. I tried method 2 (the memory

allocation method). Still no luck.

I have noticed a similarity between the errors. They are all audio files!!! hmmmm thats another 5 hours sitting here trying to figure this out I have reached a point where im rapidly running outa ideas. Please Yoda give me the strength to go on.

20. Eckostorm

Eckostorm Member

I cut and paste that last text Apologies for taking up so much space.