1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C&C Generals problem

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by lazboy, Mar 21, 2003.

1. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Solve your problems and headaches and purchase a "2 sheep burner" m8. My reccomendation:
    Lite-ON LTR 52\32\52x cdrw
    Lite-ON LTR 52\24\52 cdrw
    MemorexMAXX40\48\52x
    Asus 40\48\52x
    Polaroid BurnMAX40\48\52x

Shoey :)

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

IMHO perhaps you should also/rather consider the ASUS 52x24x52 -- the cost is only about ten bucks more (here in Canada) :) Excellent drive really.

3. Eckostorm

Eckostorm Member

Thankyou so much for your help. Once again you have shown me there are people who are willing to take their time out for others. I will lend you a helping hand whenever need be.

Eckostorm

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Praetor,
    The Asus 52x cdrw is [bold] NO [/bold] comparison to the Litey LTR 52\32\52 or 52\24\52x burners. The 2 Litey's outperform the Asus 52x if you make pc\audio protected backups and Litey is well known for con tinually updating firmware for their drives. Asus burners are nice, but no comparison if you like to backup pc\audio pc protection and produce superior dae speed and accuracy. If you wan't a hardware link I'll provide m8 (Litey 52\24\52x).

Litey rulez!

5. Praetor

omg me feel stupid..... i saw you list the ASUS 40/48/52 and somehow read it to be the ASUS 48x24x48... that's why i suggested the ASUS 52x24x48.... sigh.... gotta sleep more often hehe

6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Nothing wrong with the Asus 40\48\52x drives m8 as far as backing up Safedisc& SecuROM but these drives are confirmed backup limited audio cd protection (Cactus Data Shield 200\2.0) The 2 Litey 52x cdrw's are confirmed to backup 7 of 8 tough audio cd protections. Both have their strengths and weakness....

7. eLeCTR0n

eLeCTR0n Regular member

hi everyone

I am having problems backing up Grand Theft Auto Vice City. i backed up the install cd perfectly. But i am having a problem with the play cd. according to both clonyXXl 2.0.1.4c and 2.0.0.6 the play cd is not protected by anything or its an unknown protection but after the 2.0.1.4c searches the install folder it detects securerom*new* v4.x. Both versions however detect that the install cd is protected by securerom*new* v4.x. i was able to back the install cd with Alcohol120% with settings to securerom*new* (not securerom*new*v4.x) and it itworked but nothing worked for the play cd. i tried securerom*new* and securerom*new* v4.x. Also its not possible for clone cd to burn securerom*new*v4.x. it showed a messegae that said that and it also showed 10 skulls which means impossible i did get the image to work perfectly of the play cd but i cant make a backup cd. any help

8. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Wrong thread m8. Start a new thread or search for GTA Vice City or Grand Theft Auto Vice City. Look at the stickey threads as BlindWrite Suite is most recommended for backing up SecuROM 4.8.x&up.

9. nclody

nclody Member

i want 2 know what is the label of cd1 and cd2 of C&C Generals
    thx!!!

10. Praetor

If im not mistaken... Generals1 and Generals2

11. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Er, why m8? C&C Generals (CD 1 only) is Safedisc 2.8.x cd protected so I advise you use Alcohol 120% with the safedisc 2 datatype profile to read the image\burn.(RAO DAO)

12. ah64

ah64 Member

But after that for playing i don't recognize the copy .... I think it is auto run and I will install the auto run crack to play with copy exact shoey ?

13. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Did you use Alcohol 120% and use Safedisc 2 datatype, burn RAO DAO at 8x?
    Did you try minmimizing Alcohol 120% to system tray (startup) and use emulation (ignore media type) and play the backup from your [bold] burner [/bold]?

Shoey :)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Forum Rules^
    Mobo: KT4VL MSI-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2.5
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700)
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd

[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2003
  14. ah64

ah64 Member

I use in fact discjuggler because it is only one that pass to burn with my liteon 52/24/52 and use safedisc2 default.
    I have also try with alcoohl same think with default safedisc2.
    Can I downlaod the patch no cd to play ?

15. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Your C&C Generals must be internet downloads?
    The Litey LTR 52x cdrw can easily backup Safedisc 2.8.x. What file format are your C&C Generals?

16. ah64

ah64 Member

the compress format is a cue file is that you want to know ?

17. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Ok so did you load the "cue"(CD 1) file using Alcohol 120% using the Safedisc 2 datatype profile and burn RAO DAO at 8x? CD 2 has no Safedisc 2.8.x cd protection on it m8.

Sho

18. ah64

ah64 Member

yes excatly. I have install the game with no problem. It is just when i play the game, he don't find the play CD.

19. Shoey

Shoey Guest

It has been brought to my attention that many EA games are "hot wired" to play from the [bold] rom [/bold] from which you installed the game. In short, if you choose to install the game from your burner then play the backup with your burner or vice-versa. Try installing the game from your Litey and play your backup with your Litey. if all fails then open Alcohol 120% and go to emulation and check "ignore media type", then minimize Alcohol 120% to system tray (startup) and launch the backup from your Litey and see what happens.

20. ah64

ah64 Member

ok thx for info, will try