1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C&C Generals problem

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by lazboy, Mar 21, 2003.

1. NoPeace

NoPeace Guest

hi, where can I DL C&C Generals?

2. ah64

ah64 Member

DL on sharereactor or on edonkey2000. You can try also Kazaa hope that you will find it.

3. NoPeace

NoPeace Guest

I was hopeing you'ld give a site

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Cant do that.

5. evsp15a

evsp15a Member

It's not just backup copies that have problems:

I'm using originals of Battlefield 1942 and receive the error "Specified component cannot be found in the media ..." when I'm installing the game.

I have the Nvidia GeForce2 Integrated GPU that the BF1942 readme says is known to have "problems".

6. Nolip

Nolip Member

I am making an image of the C&C Generals cd 1 and I was wondering if it was normal for the drive to slow way down when it reads a bad sector. I am using Alcohol 120 with the safedisc 2 profile.

7. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

It doesnt seem entirely unfeasible. By "bad sector" do you mean cd-protection or do you mean "scratch on the disc"?

8. Shoey

Shoey Guest

A) Yes.
    Some roms can read Safedisc 2.x blazin' fast, some roms are read at turtle speed m8. Ypu'll encounter disc error but this is [bold] common [/bold] when reading images of Safedisc so ingnore m8. Try a different drive (if you have one) to see if you can speed up the time but I don't recommend reading Safedisc 2.8.x at full speed. I read at 20x....

Shoey :)

9. -Dookie-

-Dookie- Member

I've been having trouble with the installation files. The first CD installs fine, the second one not so well.
    Does anyone have an installation log of what files went where? My target folder for the program is full of empty folders which I'm guessing are filled by the second CD. Thanks in advance.