1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C&C Generals Tech. Error

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by DarkFire, Feb 24, 2003.

1. DarkFire

DarkFire Guest

I have copied Disc 1 & 2 of Generals using Alcohol 120%. I had no problems. But when I ran the game and after the opennig video the game closed and a messege appeared.

Tech Error...
    Sorry, a serious error hass occured.

I was wondering if this was a copy error or that if my PC is just not good enough to run generals.

My PC:
    Pentium III: 733 Mhz
    256 SDRAM
    32Mb Graphic Card

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

The PC seems powerful enough. Maybe you need to upgrade the DirectX?

To know which version of DirectX you're using, do Start---> Run---> Dxdiag

To know which version of DirectX is needed, look at game's requirements.

3. DarkFire

DarkFire Guest

I am running Windows XP Home Edition, with DirectX Version 8.1. But just to make sure I have no driver conflicts how can i reinstall DirectX from the Generals cd without having too reinstall the whole thing over again.

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

DirectX 8.1 should be enough. I don't know what else could it be, I'm not an XP user....

5. DarkFire

DarkFire Guest

Hi, is there anyone here that is an XP user and can help me with my original question?

-Also, is it possible to run C&C GENERALS on P3 733Mhz processor?

6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

C&C Generals is Safedisc 2.8.x cd protected. Use Alcohol 120% latest build to make backups and use these settings. Open Alcohol 120% and click image making wizard. Look down at datatype and chose Safedisc 2. Read the image at 8x and save the image wherever you desire. After this is complete, insert a cd-r and click
    image burning wizard and locate the image you just read. Click next but DON'Y dlete the image(s) for now. Chose RAO DAO mode write and burn at 8x. Repeat this process for cd 2 or more. Now exit Alcohol fro startup (system tray) and insert cd 1 in your burner and see if the backup will play. if you encounter any errors then open Alcohol120% and minimize to startup, right click the red icon, go to emulation and just tick all of them. Now insert cd 1 and the game should play. It is vitally important that you FIRST install the game first, then make your backups. Be sure to use your burner as reader when reading both images.

Shoey