1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C&C Generals & Zero Hour

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by dizzynoob, Aug 6, 2006.

1. dizzynoob

dizzynoob Member

Hi all

When playing on my backed up copy of Generals/Zero hour, most of the time it runs smooth enough, but on some levels the screen slows right down and starts to judder as if i have other things running in the background (which i haven't. I.S. off A.V. off). My comp isn't what you could call up to date but should be able to cope with something like generals. Is this due to my comp or software or cos it's a backed up game????

comp spec

intel celeron CPU 2.60ghz

768mb of ram

ati 7800 pro gc

(if more info needed pls ask)

2. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

It's not because it's a back up game because they load from the hdd unlike console games.Your pc isn't very good for games but like you said it should run c&c.

See if there is a patch for it and update your video card drivers.

3. dizzynoob

dizzynoob Member

It's been patched up to 1.04 and have got the nocd crack. GC is up to date on drivers (8.263.0.0). It's not a major drama if i can't sort it out but i just couldn't understand why it was slowing down so much when it should really be running fine. Not knowing much about comps i was hoping to sort it out online but no biggy. Am in process of building new comp anyway (thanx to all the support from afterdawn) so should all be sorted in 6 months or so. Looks like i'll just have to put up with the judder til then.

4. DrThunder

DrThunder Member

I had the same exact problem I looked on the net for awhile and I found a couple other people who had the same problem, however we couldn't find a fix or a workaround for it.

5. mark5hs

mark5hs Guest

do you have that problem when you use the original disk?

6. dizzynoob

dizzynoob Member

some times. It's intermitant on both. It just seems to get about half way through a level then slows to a crawl. I've checked to make sure nothing has sprung to life in the background but it's just the game running. I just wanted to find out if it was my processor that isn't coping or if it's ram or what cos i haven't a clue. The graphics card should be more than adequate. I don't have enough knowledge of comps to know what part of my comp (if not all) is not handeling the game well. As i said it's no big issue as i should hopefully have new comp soon but it would just have been nice to know what it was causing it and if it was a prob others were having.

7. DrThunder

DrThunder Member

Its not a hardware problem its a game bug. I had it happening on 2 completely different systems.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
  8. mark5hs

mark5hs Guest

not sure what to tell you. I tried the No CD patch before but It had a bunch of glitches and I ended up going back to the normal disk because it doesn't work online with the no CD crack.

9. josh99

josh99 Regular member

yeah i know C&C GENERALS or zerohour these games lag so much! even if you had a good computer

but what i advise you, go to options and set all the graphical settings to the minimum, that means if your screen resolution (in the game was at 1024X900 or something like that set it to 800X600)

In generals zero hour go to options then theres some choices telling you, the graphics should be : low, high or medium ,well chose custom then go and set everything to 0 (shadow, reflexion all these things arent that important and dont really affect while playing)close everything exit game then re-enter it you will notice the game is going faster

and you really have to checkup in your graphic card is updated like if youre with nvidia go to www.nvidia.com then seed for downloads.

10. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

Its because theese games were designed for slower computers.

You could say weirdly your computer is too fast for that game!

However look around for the latest patches. Not sure if V1.004 is the latest!

Lecsiy

11. josh99

josh99 Regular member

actually no, this is wrong. C&C generals are designed for powerful pcs, but C&C:RED ALERT 2 now i agree with you, red alert 2 or yurì's revenge are designed for slow computers. :S

12. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

Ahh my mistake! Yep josh is right was thinking of a diff game!

MAan i gotta get some sleep lol!

Sorry

Lecsiy

13. josh99

josh99 Regular member

lol no problem mistakes are possible.

14. mark5hs

mark5hs Guest

I dont think the problem is his computer. I could play at low-medium settings without any slowdowns on my 1.6ghz pentium 4 dell with 256 ram and an mx400. Im thinking it might be because of the crack.

15. josh99

josh99 Regular member

well sure that copied games play a role of lagging

16. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

I have a decent computer 2 gigs of pc 3200, 3500+ amd, geforce 7800 gtx 256mb and the game still runs slow when you get a lot of units on the screen at once. Not to mention if you are USA and you have 1000 air drop planes dropping money down. I just hope that C & C 3 is faster...even tho it's going to be more graphic intensive.

17. post30

post30 Member

why c&c generals zero hour run slow . That it says the requirement is low and my pc can support it but why the speed is slow .

18. josh99

josh99 Regular member

because they want to make us angry:mad:
    anyway as keithyb said hope the new C&C 3
    wont lag that much