1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C++ Programming?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by WierdName, Mar 18, 2007.

1. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Well, where do I start?! I have read so many different opinions on basic prereqs and this and that, etc. Where do I start? I have a very basic understanding of HTML and an even smaller concept of PHP. I had read a small BASIC book awhile back but I really dont remember much. All I remember was the whole "IF", "THEN", etc. stuff. I sorta understand how code works. But where can I get something good that will teach me C++ at my own pace and that wont throw me to the sharks and say "swim moron!"? I know this is a really complex and difficult to learn language but I still want to learn it. Plus, this may be handy later on going into the computer dependent generation.

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

take a class on it through your local community college.

3. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

I was thinking of that. I could take it over the summer with my other stuff. I just dont know if they offer it since it doesnt seem to offer much other than the more standard academic stuff(math, english, other langauges, etc.) Although they do have some computer stuff like photoshop and MS Office. Guess I'll go ask next time I go.