1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C380 How to get songs downloaded from CP to phone to play?

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by cameronhi, Mar 3, 2005.

1. cameronhi

cameronhi Member

I have a C380 phone and have Modile Phone Tools and it recognizes my phone. I would like to use music files from my computer as ringtones on my phone. I was able to load up a file but when trying to use it my phone would just shut off. Can anyone explain to me in laymans terms why it does this? Which type of file should I be trying to put on to the phone and how large a file can I download? And anything else you might like to add. Any assistance would be most welcoming, Cheers

2. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

when ur phone is shutting down means that there is over limit of the size so what u have to do is deleted and make sure to upload a tone not more that 45 seconds and u can upload mp3,mid and amr

3. cameronhi

cameronhi Member

Mossyy, I was able to download a full song, longer than 45 sec, and it plays fine. Just had to figure out how to save it first on my PC. I've found that if I renamed the file before saving it in it's new format on the PC I couldn't get it to play but, if I remaned the file after saving it in it's new format on the PC it worked. Strange Which file format would you recommend using to save it in? I get a choice of .wav .mp3 .amr and .adp Preferably looking for a combination of sound quality and smallest file size. Cheers

4. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

i'd say save it as mp3 it wont take too much size :D

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005