1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cable connection slow on vista

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by ptkut, Mar 8, 2007.

1. ptkut

ptkut Member

hi, i just got a dell inspiron 1501 with vista basic, and i got a 3Mb cable connection, well anyways i also have a desktop pc with xp with the same 3Mb connection. "not sharing connection". But my connection on the vista machine seems like 3 times slower than the one with xp. So i did a speed test and the vista machine is running at 3000Kbps and the xp is 5000Kbps so i called my isp and they say its not the connection that it is vista that is making it slow with all the security. So if this is true what can i disable to make my connection faster. I know they said something about disabling the phishing filter so how do i do that?

2. AXT

AXT Guest

If you are using IE7, to disable the phishing filter click on tools the upper right hand side. Under phishing filter click turn off automatic website checking. If you are using FireFox which is 1000 times better than EI 7 go to options under tools, open security tab, and uncheck "tell me if the website im visiting is suspected of forgery".

3. ptkut

ptkut Member

thanks, well its not just ie7 but everything that has to do with the internet is slow. i.e. trying to connect to internet for online game play wont work, It always says master server failed to respond and limewire wont connect either.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  4. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Support for Vista is poor at best. This goes for games, online use, all boiling down to generic system drivers that do not fully support what you're used to using in XP.

5. Morph416

Morph416 Active member