1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cable connection

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by allreal82, Jun 27, 2007.

1. allreal82

allreal82 Member

hi i have a starview box in my bedroom which is sometimes fine and sometimes unwatchable, i live in tallaght in dublin and there are 4 other connections around the house including the one it starts from downstairs. the same was also the case before i got my box just watchin the normal pipe tv, could this b whats causin my problems. ive heard that there are places where u can buy better splitters made completely of metal that give better reception. and has any1 any idea where i'd pick one of these up?
    thanks very much 2 anybody who wud b able 2 help me, box has my head melted!

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum

3. LeslieB71

LeslieB71 Regular member

Thanks ddp :)

Plug the main cable from downstaires into the SV and do the auto scan again and it should pick up about 140 channels and then move it to your bedroom and it should work . You can get the splitters reasonablly cheap on eb*y

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007