1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cable Internet Question, NEED HELP PLZ!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Spyder22, Jun 4, 2006.

  1. Spyder22

    Spyder22 Regular member

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2005
    Messages:
    323
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    26
    Question.... I currently do not have cable service run to my house from the pole out front. I am about 600 feet away. Comcast tells me it would cost $6,0000 to make me a serviceable account. I would like to do the insatll my self but need to know a few things first. I want their service for high speed internet and maybe TV as well. I am cabpable of running coax to the pole (including doing the trenching) where there is a Comcast cable connection box with an available slot to hook up. Would I need to boost the signal for the high speed internet being this far away? If so, can I purchase my own amplifier to do so?? Also, could I test the system before having to purchase an amp using another persons modem? I would like to test it first by laying down the cable to see if it would work. I would really appreciate any help any of you could give me who may have or know someone who would have advise on this. Thanks so much!
     
  2. boxwrench

    boxwrench Guest

    I personally don't think they would allow you to do it yourself(especially connecting to their equipment) but if they do you will be on your own!$6000.00 They evidently don't need any new customers!
    Have you contacted them with this idea?

    Good luck!
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2006

Share This Page