1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cable managment and airflow

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Waymon3X6, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Hello all, I seem to be having some heat issues with my gaming rig... Right now the CPU is at 111F and the case is at 96 (according to MBM5) but the censor on the outside of my case says 85F.

Is this to hot? I think the wireing is a tad bit messy and might be messing with the airflow.

Here are some pictures so I can get your views on what to do with some of the cables. (All I have are cable ties and small clippers at the moment.)

Here is the outside:

[​IMG]

Inside:

[​IMG]

Side view

[​IMG]

I was kind of worried about the cables at the top near the power supply.

Just tell me any of your ideas to clean this case up a bit!
    Thanks!

2. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

oooh pretty lol. Seems to me that you have done all you can with the cables. Maybe you can get a modular power supply, so then you only connect cables you need to the power supply.

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Those temps are absolutely fine, I was gaming last night and my CPU got to 131F. (I had the fan speed low in case you're wondering, it doesn't get that hot at 100%)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2007
  4. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Ok, thanks for the replys! I think I might try to tuck some of the wires behind the motherboard though...

Thanks for the help!

5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

It's always useful, for airflow, and if you use a windowed case like me, appearance's sake. I have wires all over the place at the moment due to cold cathode lights, must sort that out at some point, along with everything else!
    Groan time groan money groan