1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cable v satalite

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by justrick, Dec 19, 2012.

1. justrick

justrick Member

hi dudes looking for some advice.
    ive currently got kv780 running on virgin which is quite glitchy lately .
    i am moving home soon and am wondering wether to change over to satalite instead of cable.
    can any one tell me which is better cable or satalite. as ive never had a sat system.also which is the best box to go for.any help would be appretiated please excuse my spelling,many thanx

2. dub12dave

dub12dave Regular member

You will be much better off going down the Sat route as there are a lot more free channels available to you and you can also get yourself a server allowing you to get all the sly channels for a fraction of the cost, the type of box you need is a personal choice and also depends on what you want your box to do, will you want to watch one channel and record another etc, box prices start from about £50 up to and over £500 and there are literally 100's of boxes in between that price range.

3. justrick

justrick Member

do i take that you have to have the basic sly package as you do with virgin.does anyone have any comments as to the dreambox 800...is it any good where can i get one roughly how much or is there something better.im looking for hd recordable.do the sat boxes update online as the kv does

4. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

have a look at the Skybox thread on here and the HD9001 thread, budget HD boxs, recordable, apps such as youtube etc on them, all you need is a dish and internet, no sky package, a DM800 although good is expensive and uses linux, if you want cheap, cheerful etc, the ones i mention or a blade,

5. justrick

justrick Member

many thanks guys just what i needed