call of duty 3 is awful

Discussion in 'Xbox - Games' started by pd1dish, Dec 29, 2006.

1. pd1dish

pd1dish Member

I was so hyped up for the single player and the new multiplayer in Call of Duty 3. the single player was the same and im not complaining about that. i love the single player from cod2 and in cod3. the multiplayer is what pisses me off everytime i get on. at first the "Cannot connect to all players", "Cannot connect to host",and "No game session available" was happening about 20% of the time. Now i cant even get into a game. i cant even do quick match either. it never joins the game(Joining...). it is AWFUL.

its not my connection either because i play GoW, Madden, and other online games and connect to games fine with no lag.

Activision or Microsoft seriously need to fix the problem that alot of cod3 xbox live members are facing.

2. pd1dish

pd1dish Member

Also if there is a fix to this glitch please post. I am considering getting rid of cod3 if a fix doesnt come soon.

3. DeadRain

DeadRain Regular member

it just sounds like activision's servers might be having technichal difficulties, if it still hapens for a few days tell us agian.

4. pd1dish

pd1dish Member

it happens everyday and it takes me about 30 minutes of trying to join servers to even play online

5. DeadRain

DeadRain Regular member

does this happen for any other game?

6. pd1dish

pd1dish Member

i get the connection error in GoW every once in a while but then i try a different host and then it works but from what i heard that happens to every1 that plays GoW

every other game is fine tho

7. Smurfs7

Smurfs7 Guest

JUST THINK!!!!I don't think it is AWFUL but P-s-s-s-s-h!!!!YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION IS SIMPLY bad thats it just fix the internet connection!!!!Just because you got bad internet doesn't mean you should post reviews about COD3 being HORRIBLE because of YOUR connection!!!No hard feelings but I gotta put up with that every 8 times a month!If you can't fix it deal it(I like COD2 more but still)!!!!!

8. pd1dish

pd1dish Member

my internet connection is fine. when i host games people dont lag. when i get into games i dont lag. dont talk when u dont even know me and u have no clue wtf ur talking about. cod3 is the only game i have troubles with. when cod3 gets inserted into my xbox my internet connection doesnt suddenly suck.

9. res2cue

res2cue Guest

@ Smurf7

You have been banned for a few days before because of senseless threads and meaningless posts.... why would you choose to take the same road again? Of the last half dozen posts you have made.. none one has any worth or merit. You trying to get suspended permanently next time?

10. DeathDuck

DeathDuck Member

I have the same problem pd1dish, so its not just you. Also, I have a wired cable connection and have had noproblems with any other game but this one. I have had it for about three months and I probably only been able to play online for 10 mins tops. For some reason even when I do get into a game, after a minute our two my xbox live disconnects me. Like I said, I have a great connection and have had no problems in the past.

11. pd1dish

pd1dish Member

thats never happened where it disconnects from live but its unbelievable how i cant get into a game. i hadnt touched cod3 for about weeks and it still had the same problem. i guess their not doing anything to fix it.

12. Hennio

Hennio Member

pd1dish, I have a ps2 and it also happens to me. It says "Impossible to connect with all players". My connection is fine but i have to try 50 times till it connects to a game.

13. handsom

handsom Regular member

....Bad network code from Activision. They've done it before. Nothing new, unfortunately.

14. corn

corn Guest

My friend had this same problem on his 360, all he does is keep searching. I can understand about your anger, it does get really annoying.
    Good luck!!

15. Smurfs7

Smurfs7 Guest

Yeah it is awful, everyone on youthink.com are no lives like puzzle 23, and mudgopher, and everyone else there who goes around cursing at people on websites and are like 35 or something, but the people there who don't are innocent. hard-core-07 like hates that website (His homepage is my link) I see why, PUZZLE.

16. Hennio

Hennio Member

So how can I fix my connection to Activison??

17. handsom

handsom Regular member

Call Activision every day, and ask for the director of the CoD4 team. Keep doing this until they give you a direct extension, or even a direct number. Once you've got him/her, call daily, and pester them by saying, "Hi, I like these games, but the network code is terrible; we really hate it, write it better this time, and your game will be vastly more successful this time." Do this every day. Then, as release comes near, call from a different phone number (So they don't ignore this one) and ask them "Did you fix the network code?" If not, you might suggest that they hide far far away where you can never find them, and take your sweet sweet vengeance. If they have, then demand that they send you a free copy, for all your hard work motivating them to improve their network code, and therefore make a much better selling game.

It's foolproof!

As for that ol' copy of CoD3, just toss it, and wait for the improved network code which, due to your efforts, will exist in CoD4 - Which they will surely send to you free of charge for your persistent care to improve their product. :D

18. eiffel65

eiffel65 Regular member

It doesn't run on Activision's servers... It runs on Xbox Live's servers.

19. Hennio

Hennio Member

thanks handsom! lets see if it works...

20. kingxtrme

kingxtrme Guest

there is USA vs Uk battle contest getting arranged on www.igotbanned.com so get to the site and enter youre details in the forum

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2007