1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

call of duty 4

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by victor14, Jan 11, 2008.

1. victor14

victor14 Regular member

I have call of duty 4 on vista. I have got this game to work before. But now, the game just exits to the desktop saying that: "iw3sp.exe has stopped working. I have tried renaming files and using no-cd cracks and stuff like that but no luck. any suggestion?

2. kiwi1

kiwi1 Regular member

You can expect this to be moved to the PC games section.
    First thing to try is reinstalling the game, second, update your drivers. If you havnt already, try changing mssmp3.asi to mssmp3.bak.
    Found the miles folder in your cod4 directory although I think that fix is for athlon-xp users. Try turning off your antivirus, mine wont run with trendmicro.
    Becarful using no disc cracks as there are hundreds of programs out there that will steal your cod4 key

Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum as not a hardware issue. also no discussion about cracks.

4. edved

edved Member

Can you please let me know where this thread has been moved to.I have the identical same problem and would like to see if it has been solved.None of the forum titles seem to fit.

Thanks.

GF

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

where it is now not were it was before as in pc hardware forum.

6. kiwi1

kiwi1 Regular member

I think xfire can also crash the game with some people. Probably best to get hold of tech support

7. victor14

victor14 Regular member

I fixed this problem but, in order to prevent from this happening in the future again, are there any ways to do this? In case you were wondering how i fixed it is, I reinstalled my video card drivers and restarted my pc. Also, I am not using xfire. Thanks!

8. edved

edved Member

Guys,

Can somebody please let me know exactly what I must do to solve this problem?

My game is mounted to a virtual drive and it works on multi-player, however,I get the above error when I try to run single-player.

Thanks in advance.

GF