1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Doesn't work on modded xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by mattyski, Nov 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattyski

mattyski Member

Basically, I got my xbox360 modded last week, therefore it was obviously the latest hardware, I managed to play all of our old backed up games from my brother, including some new ones like Borderlands, and Batman. However, I cannot get Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 to work. I have tried downloading different files from different uploaders, I've tried using different discs including, Aone Premium, and Vertabim. But the same response is shown; when the disc is inserted, before it loads up you see on the dashboard "play DVD", and then the screen goes black, and the white background, xbox 360 logo shows up and thats it, however these backed up call of duty's work on my brother's xbox, and he has had his modified for about a year now, meaning he has older firmware.

Please someone help me, thankyou.
    Matt.

2. pacman79

pacman79 Member

At a guess, your bro might have the Hitachi drive and iXtreme 1.51, which will play COD MW2, in your case you may have a different drive such as BenQ, anyway, you may have to run the activation cd in your xbox for you to play COD MW2, I maybe wrong but that is worth trying.

3. mattyski

mattyski Member

Sorry i dont understand what you mean by activation cd? please enlighten me

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.