1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Call of Duty: United Offensive and Alcohol 120% problems

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by RedAnt, Sep 16, 2004.

1. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

I am having problems with Call of Duty: United Offensive and Alcohol 120%,Call of Duty: United Offensive it states that it detects Emulation soft ware (Alcohol 120%)and it request that the software be deactivated. I set the number of virtual drives to 0 and it still pop up with the same message. (This Sucks as I purchased this game when others have just downloaded it off the net and there copies work with out any problems).

-I don’t condone Downloading games off the net, that said it dose piss me of that I will have to download some No CD Crack to make it work.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Sucks doesn't it? The more incompatible they make these games the more people are just going to say f*ck it and download it.

My buddy never could get Doom 3 installed on his machine and he didn't have any sort of emulation software installed. He had to use a nocd to get his $55 game to run. The ironic thing is I in stalled it fine and I have just about every app out there that the protection looks for.

What protection does United Offensive use? Here's A-Ray Scanner if you don't have it:

http://www.aray-software.com/

3. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

Well I’m at work (that's where I do most of my posting) but as soon as I get home I will check it out and post it.

Thanks.

4. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

I used Protection ID it reports the diskprotection as being safedisk v.3.20.022

5. Nephilim

Ahhh, that one can be a real booger to back up. Thanks for the info :)

6. SumSumInc

SumSumInc Member

I Got that stupid cd/dvd emulation message to. What can do I have to do to play this game?

7. zidul

zidul Member

i am having the same damn problems, i have been googling for 20mins looking for a crack. it sux cuz my friend bought his with me and he is playing it as we speak.

8. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Are we allowed to post .nfos on AfterDawn?

9. OldCoot

OldCoot Member

Make sure that in Alcohol, you have the virtual drives set to '0' (none) and that you have 'Ignore media' enabled.
    If you still have issues, it sounds as though you have CloneCD installed. Remove CloneCD, the warning will disappear and the game will play.

10. Nephilim

Last edited: Sep 20, 2004
  11. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Use the latest CloneCD 5.0.2.2 and your backup should play by using CloneCD's "hide cd-r".

CloneCD
    http://www.slysoft.com

12. silvester

silvester Member

Hello,There is a PROBLEM AGAIN,,ok hhello...Well iv installed call of duty and everything went well ,well not everything,yeah and when ever i try and put the patch on Call of Duty,it always says "Could not find a valid installation of Call of Duty".Well what i recken is the registeration thing,but i dont know,can you pleqase help me i need help with this PLEASE!?!??!?!?!>......>>>.....(BY THE WAY THIS IS THE OLD COD)

13. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

That is because you cracked the game.

14. that1dude

that1dude Member