1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

calling all xbox trouble shooters

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Joblox, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Joblox

Joblox Guest

Hello all, (I am reentering this as my sister is really anxious to get this problem sorted) I am posting this thread on behalf of my sister. I do not have an xbox and know nothing about them but I told her I would try and find my answer through the help of the contributers to afterdawn.
    What it is; is we cannot telephone her when her son is on his xbox or it cuts his game off.
    She has broadband so the internet is unaffected when we phone.
    Is this a common problem or is there someway around this please.
    We welcome all advice and thank you
    Joblox
    Reply Start a new thread Unsubscribe from this thread

2. BR7

BR7 Regular member

This happens every time someone calls??

First I'd try moving the telephone to a different jack in the house, see if it still happens. If it does, move the xbox to a different location and check again.

Also, is it a cordless phone.. to where the power pack is plugged into the same outlet the xbox is?? If it is (mind you, I'm not an electrician), I'd say you have an overload somewhere in that outlet and would need some home repairs.

3. Joblox

Joblox Guest

hi BR7
    Yes it does happen every time. Her husband is going to check out your ideas but you have answered the main question as we did not know if this was a normal occurance. Thank you