1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cam to computer?

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by Roba22, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Roba22

Roba22 Member

I posted on a board above but it might have been in the worng place. What I need help with is. I have 4-5 tapes made on a Sony DCR-TRV22 mini Cam. My problem is I don't know how to attach my cam to my computer and then transfer the videos over to my computer. nor do I have any video editing software to edit and then burn a DVD. I do have a DVD burner but have never tried anything like this. I was hoping for some help/advice in what I need to do and buy (cheap) that will do all of this for me. Thanks for your time and trouble.

2. mike.m

mike.m Regular member

Does your camera and computer have firewire ports? Also see if it came with a firewire cable.

Here's a picture of one:
    http://hoopee-tech.com/ENGLISH/6C,4C IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE CABLES 6 firewire cable-M,M.jpg

Unfortunately, the only video cam capturing/editing software I am mostly familiar with is Edius Pro. If you read the guides on Canopus' site, it should be pretty easy to use. You can also download a 30-day trial from there. Sorry I can't think of any free ones to use.

Hope this helps.

3. Roba22

Roba22 Member

i have USB on the computer and I have an s-video too. the cam has S-video, and Audio/video port for RCA type cables (yellow,red, and white) and it has a firewire type pulg in too. something like the very small square one. it came with a cable that has USB on one in and that smaller plug on the other. I have pluged in everything I can find and my computer will not see the camera. I have windows movie maker and even with the program up and running and I plug in the camera and play a tape it will not see it.

4. Ducky04

Ducky04 Member

i suggest Avery Lee's 'Virtual Dub', Sony Vegas (dL the trial version for starters) or Corel VideoStudio X2. I use CVX2 myself. The trial version for the program can be found at http://www.corel.com One thing i wanted to ask, is yours a digital or analog recorder? Based on you having tape on it, i'd say it's probably analog.