1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

camcorda to dvd-r

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by SONY007, Aug 22, 2004.

1. SONY007

SONY007 Member

What it is i've got a Digital Video Camcorda MV200 and i've got two tapes of my mates having races in their Beatles at some race course. Now I thought transfering it from tape to my h/d then converting it to dvd format would be a breeze but i'm on my fourth day trying now after trying multiple programs and all that keeps on happening is my system keeps restarting when it get 5min in the conversion. I've tried Ulead dvd workshop, MainConcept MPEG Encoder & TMPGEnc they all make my pc restart after 5min.

My SPECS ARE : AMD Athlon Barton XP3200+ 400FSB (Socket A)
    80 GIG H/D
    Graphics Card is about 1yr & 3 month old, the latest one out
    at the time I think (NVIDIA nforce)
    512 Consair ram
    Windows xp

I've got like eight video files on the h/d from the camcorda three of them are 3.99 gig the others around 500mb and thats meant to be just 1hr 17min of film, that was from using dvd workshop in capture mode. The size of it all when on the h/d is just over 18gigs why so big I which I knew, but I've some how got to get these files which are...hmm it just says 'video clip' when I try to see what format there are, got to got the all to fit a a dvd-r or I guess do it all again if what i've done is wrong.

2. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

3. ccme

ccme Member

I use WinDVD Creator 2 and it works like a charm.