1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

camcorder troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by happysea, Dec 11, 2003.

1. happysea

happysea Member

hello: i have a rca model cc6384 camcorder that has the bad habit of eating the film. can anyone please help me troubleshoot this problem. i've tried the head cleaning tape. it ate it too. please help me.

2. ReeL12

ReeL12 Guest

I have repaired few VHS VCRs by openign them and cleaning with isopropanol and headcleaning sticks(from local electronic store). Also clean all surfases that get contacted with tape (guide and pressure rolls, audio head etc)
    You can also try to replace the pressure rolls and rubber-belts. All this requires to open the machine and there fore bye bye warranty...
    If you are not familiar with electronics and expecially VCR technology, you should let someone with proper skills and equipment to do this.

3. happysea

happysea Member

thank you for your reply. may be this will put into perspective my skills with cam corders. can some one please tell me where the film is and how to open it. i know i can fix this thing if i can figure out how to get to it. thanks again for any help.

4. KaMiKaZeE

KaMiKaZeE Guest

Unless you don't mind if that cam gets broken beyond repair, I would send it to rca for servicing. You might check to see if the rollers are sticking though. If they are, you may be able to figure out how to lubricate them.