1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can 360 Elite Liteon drive be Swapped with Benq???Please Help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by exodus81, Sep 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exodus81

exodus81 Guest

A friend of mine from work asked me to take a look at his son's 360 Elite, which apparently wouldnt read disks properly. Upon further inspection of this problem the xbox only struggled to read the disks very infrequently, and if I opened the drive and closed it again the game would load and play no problem. I decided to buy another drive for it anyhow just incase the original drive is on its way out. The problem is I am quite new to the world of playing around with the dvd drives. I know that you must retreive they key from the original drive and put it in the new one but there are a few things I am unsure of and I was wondering if anyone out there could offer me some advice?

The original (faulty) dvd drive is a Liteon, but the one I have to replace it with is a Benq VAD6038, will this pose a problem? or does it have to be another liteon?

What software do I need to retrieve the key? and how do I best get it to my new drive? Do I need any extra hardware to get the key from the liteon. I do not want to mod the software, just keep it as an original xbox.

Please accept my apologies for so many questions I just do not want to screw up this xbox. If anyone can offer me some advice on the best method in which to swap drives I would greatly appreciate it.

Many thanks

2. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.