1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can a Starview box pick up other channels other than what NTL transmit ?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by CO19, Aug 6, 2007.

1. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Tried that Ferg the problem I noticed is the signal strength is quite low, but this should not account for the missing video pid. I am also losing More 4 +1 and get this only sometimes.

On the subbed box I have I am missing about 4 or 5 channels, I have got into the engineers menu, (you know me), and it is showing no signal strength on these channels.

I have always had a powered booster between the two so I cant account for this. I have noticed this over the last few days, but it has been getting worse.

Maybe it is just a CC fault and it will rectify its self. But it does look like a downgrade of N**s signal which bothers me.

2. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Do you want to try bin file for N** not saying this is going to work you can try

3. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Think thats only on "The Box", have done both a manual and autoscan, this picks up the channel again at the bottom of the list but still the video pid is missing.

4. ff19510

ff19510 Member

thanks fergus will try not a techie still learning will continue to link with you & scOuser if that is ok

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Link away my friend, at last I have a problem lets see how many people will help me out here other than just yourself and Ferg,

Pay back time ;)

6. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Do you want the video pid number 518 audio 678 pcr 534

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Thanks Ferg just done an autoscan and can only get 45 tps, should be getting 58 or so. Think its a signal fault on my end cant think of anything else. Stumped

8. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Scouser not looking to good for ya have had a good gander around ya know what i mean and nothing for a fix for it want to try bin file i can load it to eko site if you like

9. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Try the cable could be braid problem or loose connector bent wire or coiled wire will cause this as well shorter the wire the better

10. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Thanks Ferg just done an autoscan and can only get 45 tps, should be getting 58 or so. Think its a signal fault on my end cant think of anything else. Stumped [/quote]

Ya had the same problem on Sat in Dub but cured it full factory reset box turn off and re scan again try that you might have to do it twice

11. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Your not gonna believe this but I have downloaded a new channel bin file no good :(

I have re crimped all rf connectors and ran a signal check on them from end to end. It is just these one or two channels that have me. Believe it or not the Starview is missing less channels than the N** box. May be just one of those thing that goes away.

Dont want to ring N** as I know more about their systems than they do :) But may have to get them out to check their signal strengths.

Have to re-wire the house I have that many boxes around, before they arrive lol.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2007
  12. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Ya had the same problem on Sat in Dub but cured it full factory reset box turn off and re scan again try that you might have to do it twice[/quote]

Kills me but I will give it a go. What worries me is the N** subbed box is having more problems, so it might point to them.

13. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

ok let me know take it easy just might be a glitch only a couple of peeps having the problem maybe they are all in around the same area as you

14. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Maybe they are gearing up for something that the boxes wont be able to handle and this is a trial run for them

15. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Originally posted by sc0user: I have tried the signal booster but to no avail :(

I bought the signal booster after our forum chat a couple of days ago sc0user.. and like yourself i got no avail, i then got the shortest cable possible and got the signal booster as close the the strarview as i cud and hey presto i'm getting great signal...also the db is turned right up i got one with a 20db gain on it.. even getting all the music channels, +1 channels and setanta/celtic tv dat i came here looking for help with..

16. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Thanks Ferg, trust them to use me as a guinea pig :)

I noticed Bucky on the other thread tried to help must pop over and thank him/her.

17. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Thats the one LOL.

18. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

Yes there may be a problem down the lines lads.
    I had to reset a digivox yesterday and it took 5 times autoscaning to get all the channels in . Just keep trying the scans and they should come in !

19. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Done that Main to no avail. Problem is even the subbed box I have is missing some channels so must be an N** fault.

20. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

yea maybe. I was talking to a buddy who has a eurovox and (get this)
    his box wont work if the sun comes out. when there's no sun it works perfect. weird alright ! , has to be a cable issue as the same box works in his friends place about 5 miles away ...its a vampire box lol