1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can any1 help me with ERROR 7

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Who_U, May 3, 2009.

1. Who_U

Who_U Member

hey guys, about a month ago i hotswaped on my Seagate Barracuda 120 GB hdd from my modchipped xbox, (to remove trainer files i previously uploaded) and when i got to the end, i went to unplug the IDE cable from the back of the HDD, but i put it on the dvd drive by accident, and i heard a spark like static electricity and now my xbox comes up with ERROR 7. is there any way i can a)put a new hdd in, and b)get my data off the old one??

can anyone plz help me??

ta

2. Vault121

Vault121 Member

Error 7 usually comes up if you have a bad connection (check IDE cables) or your hard drive is bad in some way. As in fried. When I got it on my old WD drive there was no recovery, I had to get a new one.

3. Demonix90

Demonix90 Guest

You most likely fried the IDE Cable, possibly the motherboard itself. If you have a spare Xbox IDE cable, try that. If not, something is most likely fried.

4. Who_U

Who_U Member

hi,

i have put a new hard drive in the xbox, and it is all still on the same cable. all i want to know know is if i can still get the data off the old one. i have tryed even freezing it, but that didn't work, the only other thing i can think of is if someone can give me their hdd and i can swap the control boards over.

5. varnull

varnull Guest

I wonder why somebody was hotswapping a drive from a chipped box.... and any ide cable will do to test.. nothing special about them except how they are folded and they are the wrong way round from how they usually are in a pc.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2009
  6. Who_U

Who_U Member

i had to hotswap because the trainers forced the xbox to reboot at the flubber screen (you should know, you 'helped' answer some of the questions before)