1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone confirm this????

Discussion in 'Audio' started by bostonjaz, Feb 10, 2003.

1. bostonjaz

bostonjaz Member

Federal agencies investigating Nashville multi-media group for corrupting millions of digital files in online file sharing communities. There have been several newspaper reports of subliminal messages being found in audio and video files on KAZAA, etc....the group under investigation is called the Experimental Division out of Nashville Tennessee. They are supposedly encoding messages that say stuff like "EAT YOUR VEGITABLES" AND "PAY YOUR TAXES". From everything that I have read about it, it appears to be total BS....but the papers keep writing stories on it. What is the deal??????? Is this possible??

2. thargor

thargor Member

I reckon that it the usual "newspapers" gross ignorance of anything that is above the intellegance level of a childrens story. It is difficult to sympathise with a gullable bunch of losers who are incapable of checking the facts before publication. The subliminal message I have put in is for the paper to send me $1000 every Friday for the rest of my life. heh heh!

3. browndog

browndog Guest

i agree, i think it's a bit of sensationalist journalism...however, i am quite positive that record companies intentionally put songs that repeat the first ten seconds over and over, or simply have no sound, etc. on kazaa...despite the fact that the song description claims to be "excellent."