1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Anyone Explain How To Unlock Z600 & W600i

Discussion in 'Sony phones' started by xxsaijin, Mar 28, 2006.

1. xxsaijin

xxsaijin Regular member

Hi I have Z600 and a W600i phones. They are both Fido but at the moment I'm using a Rogers SIM. Can someone explain to me how to unlock both phones as they wont except my Rogers SIM card :S thanks to anyone that can help :D

2. reguser

reguser Guest

Da vinci team could unlock your phones, but you will have to pay, otherwise, softwares like USBsmart SEMC tool could unlock your phone, but you will need to buy a special cable, i recommend using "fighter cable", and not cruiser cable,(the crusier cable need an external 3v supply, which could be more confusing to set up).
    Your original data transfer will not unlock your phone!

3. xxsaijin

xxsaijin Regular member

I don't mean to be a pest but maybe you could explain how to use these tools/programs? Or where to download them. Possibly a online guide? I know the Z600 isn't really as hard to unlock as everyone thinks it is but the w600i is suposed to be killer... Fighter cable could you explain a bit more? maybe a link? THANKS SO MUCH man for already providing me with so much info :D

4. reguser

reguser Guest

erm, ok, a "fighter" cable / multi serve cable is an unlocking cable, this cable also allows you to flash any firmware onto your phone (at home, for free). You will need to purchase it or borrow it, ebay is a good place to look for, about £10-£14.
    The softwares i memtion - i will give you the link to them, but make sure you read how to unlock / flashing 10 TIMES before attemping it yourself. You could end up with a dead phone, but it can be revive. (just reflash a fw on it)

link - http://www.esato.com/archive/t.php/t-108200

about 2/3 of the way down, you will have all the links to direct download from hosting sites.

Hope it helps
    oh btw, the w600i, is the equivalent of a upgraded w550i, so it will be more difficult to unlock(ie fw will be harder to find), but wont be as difficult to unlock a W900i, where you will need 2 flash 2 differnt chips, and do lots of reverse engineering with it. :)

If you are still not sure about some of the softwares, and how to used them effectively, reply to this post, i will try to help you as much as i can! :)

5. xxsaijin

xxsaijin Regular member

Could I buy a "fighter cable" from say Future shop? Or in online the only place, because then agian I have no access to a credit card.

On the note about the w600i. Well when I hooked it up to my computer and when through the files under "systen/licensetransfer/RORequest.rop" file... hmm what would happen to my phone if I took it out :S? Because my friend has the exact same phone but from asian and unlocked and his phone does not have that file... could that be how Roger ( my provider ) has locked my phone ???

6. reguser

reguser Guest

No, that file would prob be needed, when unlocking, all it does is that it makes the phone accept any codes from any service provider.
    Let me explain it further, when you put a sim card into the phone and switch it on, the phone checks with the sims card and see if the codes match, if not, it refuses the sims card, and hence, you wont be able to makes calls / receive calls using the phone.
    By unlocking it, the phone accepts any codes generated from the sim card,so you can makes calls using the phone.
    Its the same idea as a DVD-player which as a region lock, you will need to unlock it to region "0" before dvds from any region to be play -able
    You might be able to buy the "fighter cable" from any phone shop, but they will charge you double the price, a market place would charge about £13 onwards, maybe you can do some bargining with them, and lower the price to about £10-ish.
    Hope it helps.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2006
  7. xxsaijin

xxsaijin Regular member

Ya I had figured that out before hand but what I couldn't get was did you mean that file was meant to show that the phone should only except Rogers SIMs. So if I do take it out then the phone wont except any SIM because the phone itself is locked? Is that what you meant? But if I make a back up of that file, remove it and test my phone, and then put it back agian after would it affect anything? Would it not turn on :S?

8. reguser

reguser Guest

Ah, i see what you meant now. Is your phone branded to rogers? if it is, then by taking out any files withing the system folder could potentially make your phone unable to switch on.
    If its not branded to rogers, then maybe you could take out the file, providing you have made a backup, and see. But i doubt very much that your phone will not be unlocked.

9. reguser

reguser Guest

Oh and also, i see you have quite a temper - "Ya that fcuker doesn't help out. He tried to make me pay aswell for shit but I was clever enough to deny him. :p If anyone can unlock a z600 could you please pm me? for free please :)"
    I hope you wasn't refering that "fusker" as me.
    Anyway, if "troman12" claims that he can help you out, he will probably give out the advise as i did to you.
    only way to unlock your phones are using fighter cables and logging softwares, (which i provided link to earlier in the post). No unlocking codes work what so ever.
    But i see you are smart enough not to be fooled, arn't you? :)

10. xxsaijin

xxsaijin Regular member

NO NO I was not referring to you. That would be so stupid of me, saying that to someone thats willing to help out a dumb guy like me. It was actually someone else who I wont name, tried making me pay for unlocking when he advertised for free, well actually its more like false advertisement I assumed it would be for free.

PS - umm I have learned I cannot remotely unlock the w600i, but I'm still hearing I can unlock z600 remotely, would you happen to have a link to a guide that can help? The guide you posted is confusing and I'm pretty sure its only meant for the newer phones, like my w600i but I wont be able to use it as I don't have a fighter cable. I took your suggestion to go look around phone shops and such, no luck...

Last edited: Apr 2, 2006
  11. reguser

reguser Guest

Remote unlocking a z600? where have you heard that from, Mobilefun.co.uk?
    The last place you should look for is the DaVinci Team to get your phone unlocked, cos you have to pay.
    I will have a look on the net to see if a z600 can be unlocked remotely, but cant promise you anything (yet)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2006
  12. xxsaijin

xxsaijin Regular member

What if you get the NCK code to a phone? how would you go about applying it to your phone :S? Just a random question...

13. reguser

reguser Guest

You will need the NCK code to calculate the "unlock code" for more advanced phones, most of the time, the software (remote unlocking software) will have the NCK codes written. So it wont be a problem.
    What you do is to choose the network which its locked to, then input the IMEI and it will calculate a unlocking code.

PS - You can find the remote unlocking software here - http://www.esato.com/archive/t.php/t-108200
    but its 8 pages long, so you will have to do some reading to find the specific link to it. The software is around 120mb, splitted in to 4 sections to dl, its called something like "USR"
    It also contain info on how to unlock other phones, and a nice little repairing phone guide.

14. xxsaijin

xxsaijin Regular member

You OWN thanks! Funny thing is i god desperate and just paid a technicien to unlock it. I got my Z600 for 15 bucks and 30 bucks for my w600i... But now I can unlock others for a small price :D!

15. reguser

reguser Guest

Glad i am able to help!
    lol, 45 bucks to unlock 2 phones, you might have paid just over the odds to unlock them. But nontheless, its a pretty good deal.

16. hoolycow

hoolycow Member

Hi xxsaijin.
    Could you let me know if you used software or a cable to unlock your SE mobiles? Thanks a lot.