1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone help me regarding Nero please?

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by Tom00008, May 17, 2004.

1. Tom00008

Tom00008 Member

Hi, sorry if this has already been answered but i'm completely new to this stuff.
    Have Nero V6.3.0.0.E and DVD decrypter, DVD2One and Power DVD V4.0.

Here is my problem:
    I can decode a dvd and compress it using dvd decrypter and dvd2one, but when i try to burn it using Nero it is always unable to insert one file.

For example, one dvd i tried to copy the movie only using dvd decypter, then shrunk it using dvd2one (both successfully) but when it came to Nero it would only let me add the first four chunks of the film, not the final one.
    Sorry if that is a bad description, but like i said i done have a clue what I'm doing wrong!

Can anyone help me with this, I'd be well grateful as I've spent ages trying to figure out what to do.

2. TheOutlaw

TheOutlaw Guest

Sometimes, if you are using (not sure if you are, mind) Power DVD on your PC, and you view your compressed movie in file mode, an extra file called "default" is added by Power DVD.

This file throws Nero (and Stomp for that matter) by making the DVD you want to burn not compatible.

Just a thought...

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Hey Tom, If this is happening in NVE 2 ( don't know for sure since you didn't say, but since you add the entire folder with express or burning rom,I'm assuming you're referring to nve 2 ) it will only let you add 4 chapters until you register it with Nero. Go to the bottom left and click on the question mark and from that menu you will see registration for nve 2. Just enter your nero # and once registered that should let you add as many "chunks" as you want. At least that's what happened when i first bought it(I had the same problem). I'm fairly new to this game myself so I hope this helps.

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Problem Solved !! Get DVDShrink3.1.7
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_shrink.cfm

1) Open Shrink, then open disc
    2) click "backup!"
    3) change target destination to "ISO Image File"
    4) check box to Launch DVD Decrypter

Under "backup options tab", you can check perform deep analysis(suppose to improve quality), but this can make the whole process longer.

5) click ok

Make sure no other programs are running. Only two are Shrink and Decrypter.

5. flip218

A second option that will work just as well.

1) Open Shrink
    2) under edit, goto preferences
    3) File I/O, check the box to enable burning with Nero
    4) Open disc, click "backup!"
    5) Target Destination is going to be your burner

Check or uncheck "perform deep analysis"

6) Click ok.

6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

How bout this? If you're not going to add a menu( I would because you've got the capability with nero) then 1-open Shrink 2-choose a temporary destination folder 3-re-author using the preview slider to keep the segments you want. 4- If it's too large hit re-encode and compress (either overall or customize) 5- hit start, when done close and open nero express. 6-add your entire folder to VIDEO_TS and burn. Done.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2004
  7. flip218

Sorry, no experience with re-author. My best advise is to try it, but using a RW and if it works you can pass on that bit of knowledge. I'm sure if you search it, you'll find other threads about re-authoring.

8. Tom00008

Tom00008 Member

Thanks vey much for your help guys! I am using your second option flip218 right now and it seems to be ok.
    Thanks again! You both have really helped me out!

9. Tom00008

Tom00008 Member

Yep, it worked!
    Thanks guys!

10. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Hey flip218, I know it works, cos I've done it many times. It's real easy to re-author with DVD Shrink and lots of times by re-authoring you can save yourself compressing, therefore keeping the quality of your back-up at the max.